Fruit Flys

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WSC

Reaction score
Just want to vent and what better place then the interweb...

After weeks of rain, fruit flys have taken over my kitchen...especially the little compost bin we use before we throw the scraps down the back.

Fruit flys are very annoying....but the ones that seem to follow me round and land in my beer are serverely pissing me off....they are quite bitter to taste and keep landing in my beers...............

P.S. I farkin hate fruit flys......

Totally,

Had the same problem here. I stopped with the mini bin for compost & kept the fruit away for a bit. Seems to have gone now & yes, the buggers do love a beer...

Same here, they love the beer about as much as I do! I have constant thirsty companions with quite a bad drinking manner (diving in :D ) whenever I want a glass... :angry: They're even getting into the ale fermenting fridge, must be a slight gap in the damn seal somewhere, its no biggie though.

we have the Q fly plus the Med fly hate the *uckers

we do the same with our compost but use a lid but I recon Im still breeding them

steep 50g of baygon into your next brew....
you can dry baygon(hop) also, a few days before bottling, just a small amount...say 10g?

no flys, spiders, cockroaches, etc in your brews!!

So easy!

we have the Q fly plus the Med fly hate the *uckers

we do the same with our compost but use a lid but I recon Im still breeding them

you can dry baygon(hop) also, a few days before bottling, just a small amount...say 10g?

So easy!

Thanks for the tip................if i want to really fark up my brews i'll just buy xxxx gold!

So easy!

But wouldnt that stuff up you're fermenter for further brews

Dunnough about use sydney siders I think the big smoke has nailed yas

My little squirty bottle with diluted starsan that I always have handy is good for those little farkas. A few squirts and they're on their backs and wriggling their legs. Then I give em another one because I love it. Kills ants too.

Thanks for the tip................if i want to really fark up my brews i'll just buy xxxx gold!

I picked up my wife from our local airport on Monday night, she'd been in Sydney to do with wedding preparations and a high tea hen's function for daughter dear.

Was at the caf and little bar to get a Wicked Elf to drink while waiting, and some Bogan next to me looks at the range of beers, and proudly exclaimed "Oh, how good's that?". He bought a xxxxgold. I almost said something, but he was younger than me, so thought better of it. Some people can never be educated in any event.

Latest posts

Back