Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigandhairy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is there an Ipswich brew club? I'd love to be able to get to babbs but at this stage work and family life wouldnt allow me to make the trek to Holland Park. I'd like to mingle with like minded brewers but really would like to do it with minimal travel, maybe i'm just lazy ;). Anyone know of an Ippy brew club?

b a h

Hi all,

Is there an Ipswich brew club? I'd love to be able to get to babbs but at this stage work and family life wouldnt allow me to make the trek to Holland Park. I'd like to mingle with like minded brewers but really would like to do it with minimal travel, maybe i'm just lazy ;). Anyone know of an Ippy brew club?

b a h
There isn't one at the moment.

I know there has been some talk about a catch. The Yamanto tavern is keen to help out with a venue and the brewers choice across the road is keen to see it happen.

Once a month would be good it just needs to be organised.

There isn't one at the moment.

I know there has been some talk about a catch. The Yamanto tavern is keen to help out with a venue and the brewers choice across the road is keen to see it happen.

Once a month would be good it just needs to be organised.
Sounds good, kinda 'watch this space' i guess :icon_cheers: Thanks wsc, hopefully it'll happen soon.

b a h

I would also be keen to join an ipswich brew club for pretty much the same reasons as ,b a h , and theYamanto tavern sounds like a great place. I know there are a few more people that live in and around the Swich so it could be a really happening thing.

I'm also a member of PUBS (Pine Rivers) and it's a totally different type of club to BABBs with more of an emphasis on brew days at members' homes, outings etc which are far easier to run if the members all live within 25 mins drive of one another. I'm sure an Ipswich club would also develop its own more "down home" style as well.

I'm also a member of PUBS (Pine Rivers) and it's a totally different type of club to BABBs with more of an emphasis on brew days at members' homes, outings etc which are far easier to run if the members all live within 25 mins drive of one another. I'm sure an Ipswich club would also develop its own more "down home" style as well.
Sounds great bribie, would be great to be a part of i reckon.

b a h

I'd be keen and I know one or two others. We live about half hour drive away but it would be good to be a part of.

A once a month get together at yamanto tavern sounds good to me. There is a group of 5 of us that carpool in to BABBs every month, but with 5 of us, we already have a full car.

We've just started getting a beer night off the ground too... We call ourselves the Premier Ipswich Mash Proponents (PIMPs), but we are not a club, just a group that enjoy getting together for a beer. If there is a good amount of interest, Yamanto Tavern may become the venue of choice. As Wade said, the manager and owner are happy for us to bring our own samples along.

There is going to be a pale ale tasting night on July 13 at the tavern.

More details to follow but that could be a could start.

People can bring their own beers and have a chat afterwards.

Maybe?

A once a month get together at yamanto tavern sounds good to me. There is a group of 5 of us that carpool in to BABBs every month, but with 5 of us, we already have a full car.

We've just started getting a beer night off the ground too... We call ourselves the Premier Ipswich Mash Proponents (PIMPs), but we are not a club, just a group that enjoy getting together for a beer. If there is a good amount of interest, Yamanto Tavern may become the venue of choice. As Wade said, the manager and owner are happy for us to bring our own samples along.
Da PIMPS is good name Bonj, I raise glass of stoli to success.

That will be a very long drive for Bribie

I've been to Ipswich twice, (first and last time)

:ph34r:

:rolleyes:

My contribution was to illustrate that local clubs can be great meet-up occasions in different ways to the main SEQ-wide club.

I'd be keen on this too. Was also looking at getting along to BABBs, and may still if there's more folks interested in a car pool.

I've been to Ipswich twice, (first and last time)

Well that sounds like a perfect reason to start a club here in Ipmy :D

With browndog and myself looks like we would have the best brewers in the state, QABC dosen't lie :p

I'd be keen to put a reasonable amount of effort into getting a club off the ground.

The Y-bar would be a great venue if we can make it happen. There is a brewers choice just across the road, surely we could scope some sponsorship too?

Keep the ideas coming PIMPs.

:super:

Latest posts

Back