Froached Eggs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpeg
Spring onion and a bit of chilli to top it off,
Mum's homemade steak sauce. Beautiful.

Benn said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
Spring onion and a bit of chilli to top it off,
Mum's homemade steak sauce. Beautiful.
Might well be an intense hangover sufferer's Kill or Cure heart-starter. The chilli garnish however might just induce me to start driving that Porcelain Bus... Ruthhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

The photo I posted looks like Elvis's brekky but I always have to make extra for the kids. They never want eggs and bacon until it's cooked then they come in like seagulls.

I promise not to get all "Benny's Meals I've Cooked" in this thread but these Froached Eggs have got me exited.
image.jpeg
Only cooking for myself tonight so naturally it's steak & veg. Eggs turned out absolutely perfect this time, they were a little dry on my first attempt.
Eating this meal is not pretty, it's all about tearing up the steak and getting it eaten before it gets cold-then worry about the rest.
C.P.A to wash it all down:)

Cheers Bribie for the coking tips.
Hijack over.

Now that's more like an Elvis's breakfast Benn and one hunka, hunka burnin' meat!

Such a simple clean up too, no scrubbing crunchy egg bits off the pan, no need for soap & tea towels either, just a quick rinse then slip it back in the cupboard while the wife's not looking. Job done.

Have this a go at lunch, probably left them in the pan a little too long while I was organising bacon, toast ect.

It ended up a a little dry but I'll know better for next time.

I had Froached eggs for breakfast this morning with buttered Toast. :p All because of this thread. I went a little heavy on the lemon juice with no water added. Twas good but next time less lemon haf/half with water, just a bit etc. Yum!

I've told all my cooking mates about Froached Eggs, egg sales around the nation will skyrocket because of this thread :)

This will be the Hipster food of 2016. I can feel a beard sprouting right now.

Just tried some of the hipster oil on two free range googies and I'e got to say that it was pretty damned nice. You could start a B & B & B BribieG - option of Beer or Bong...

Had another go this morning, surely there is a perk of working afternoon shifts right?

A little too long in the pan again probably about 4 minutes all up. Might be taking this too seriously but this seems like a happy medium. I want to perfect the process so I can replicate it easily.

I'm judging off the the toaster timer so today I put the toast on then started the eggs, tomorrow I'll wait until the toast is almost done and then start.

Hot pan
2 eggs
30seconds
Then mix of 2 tbsp water, 1tbsp oil, 1tbsp lemon juice
Lid on, heat off for 2 minutes.

Toast butter and worcestershire sauce.

Tahoose said:
Hot pan ( not to hot )
BUTTER
2 eggs
30seconds
Then mix of 2 tbsp water, 1tbsp oil, 1tbsp lemon juice