fridgemate to control solenoid valve

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hughyg

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have a fridgemate that I currently use to control a fridge (ie on/off). I was woundering if there is any way I can use it to control a solenoid instead? I have a solenoid somewhere in the shed, and I thought it could be useful to open a valve to circulate brine through a coil when needed
Cheers
Hugh

Yep. You sure can. If its a 240v solenoid then just wire it in place of the fridge. If its any other voltage then feed the supply voltage for the solenoid thru the contacts. Should not matter if its AC or DC

mmmm sounds like something a sparky should do!!!! Any takes in Adelaide? Will swap for good bottle of wine!

To be safe ...yes. Normally a solenoid wont have a plug as they are designed to be hard wired, but its easy enough to wire a plug onto them. Again it depends on what type & voltage the solenoid is. You can buy a solenoid valve designed for water flow and irrigation conttol. Much easier than trying to get a straight solenoid to operate a ball valve....and cheaper

Latest posts

Back