Fridgemate Stainless Probe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pb unleaded

Reaction score
I purchased a stainless steel probe for my fridgemate temperature controller.
It came with a small plug on wire end (the original probe had lose wires). Can I cut the plug off and hook lose wires to fridgemate?
Also, can I use this probe to monitor mash/sparge temperatures?
thanks
arthur

Which stainless steel probe is it ? The one supplied by mashmaster can cope with temperatures up to boiling (from the webpage - I haven't tried it).
When I got mine it only had bare wires at the end, no plug.

In theory, I would assume you could do that, but I would try to get more information first. Have you tried contacting your supplier for this information ?

EDIT: Oops, I wrote this (ie, what is below) assuming you had bought the available mashmaster stainless probe (NTC probe), if you have something else, its likely it wont work (there a a lot of different kinds of temperature probes...)

Yep thats what your meant to do, I asked the man (brissybrew) himself after I received one I bought. The plug is for the DEI units, but its the same type of probe.

Once again assuming it is the NTC probe from Mash Master...

I just cut off the plastic surrounds, gently, and used the little metal prongs that are crimped to the wire for connection to the Fridgemate... works fine.

Cheers

To put it simply

If you bought it off mashmaster it will work

Franko

Thanks all.
It is a MashMaster probe I bought from Craftbrewer. Just got email from Ross confirming the plug can be cut off.
I am going to use this probe for monitoring mash temperatures and also for fermentation.
cheers
arthur

I just cut off the plastic surrounds, gently, and used the little metal prongs that are crimped to the wire for connection to the Fridgemate... works fine.

Great idea, Thanks Cocko. I might do just that.

Latest posts

Back