Fridgemate/dixel Temp Controling More Than One Apliance...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FNQ Bunyip

Non Pro Member
Reaction score
Ok I've got a lack of temp controlers atm and was thinking "could I run 2 fridges on 1 controler?"

I've got both types 2 dixell s and 1 fridgemate ...

so I've got 2 fridges that need a controler too keep them around 3 , would 1 unit switch both fridges on without blowing it up ... I know that the one with out the probe would only be close but its better than it running all the time ...

or would I need too build a relay box and have the unit switching SSR to the fridges...

cheers

You would probably be better of just controlling the thermostat on one of the fridges to a suitable range and having one with the fridgemate to control an accurate temp. you will probably find due to internal dimensions, thermal masses of stuff you have in the fridge will effect the cooling and warming allot more than you would expect

4* no thermostat on them ... and they both have kegs in them just 1 is my soda tap + storage and the other is just storage and conditioning... they dont get opened very often ...

cheers

hmmmm.... considering its not being used for fermenting then by all means it would probably be ok to run both.. you would proabaly want to check with the MFG 1st before venturing down that path.

Bunyip,

Fridgemate says Relay contact capacity:10A/250VAC (resistive),

That is probably OK for 2 running fridges, BUT, electric motors usually draw 4XAMPS on startup.

I wouldn't try it myself! :(

Growler

You'll be much better off if you just run one fridge as a fridge. You're unlikely to get any sort of approximation by running one fridge with a probe in the other.

Electrically, it's not a problem, though.

Ok , sounds like a no go ....

however both fridges were on the same powerboard with a reset switch in it and that never tripped with just the fridges but if I put anything else on it it would ... probly too close for comfort ....

just trying too save a few bucks as the other fridge just runs all the time without a controler... power bills are getting scary with 4 fridges in the brewery , then the house fridge and frezzers ...

cheers

Back