Fridgemate Calibration

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etbandit

Reaction score
G'day,

I was wondering if any users of the Fridgemate know if it has a temperature calibration function as there is no mention of it on the installation sheet?

I was hoping to place the probe in a glass of ice water and set it as zero C.

Cheers.

Not sure if you can, dude. But on the flipside, I have five of the suckers, and they all read exactly the same when in the same fridge, and the same as my scientific thermo straight out of the box. Close enough for me

G'day,

I was wondering if any users of the Fridgemate know if it has a temperature calibration function as there is no mention of it on the installation sheet?

I was hoping to place the probe in a glass of ice water and set it as zero C.

Cheers.

hi etbandit,
did you try the probe in the icewater and what was the reading??

cheers amita

hi etbandit,
did you try the probe in the icewater and what was the reading??

cheers amita

It read 0C in ice water, except that 2 other thermometers read 3C.

I should note that there was more water than ice, so I assume it would be closer to 3C than 0C.

Cheers.

It read 0C in ice water, except that 2 other thermometers read 3C.

I should note that there was more water than ice, so I assume it would be closer to 3C than 0C.

Cheers.

the ice water should be 0 degrees if the ice cubes are melting in it for a while, alternatively you can use boiling water and it should read 100 degrees.
my experience is that the FM is accurate but you have to make peace with the ever inquisitive mind and show it evidence..... :p
good luck, cheers amita

the ice water should be 0 degrees if the ice cubes are melting in it for a while, alternatively you can use boiling water and it should read 100 degrees.
my experience is that the FM is accurate but you have to make peace with the ever inquisitive mind and show it evidence..... :p
good luck, cheers amita
there is a manual calibration in the functions as well, you can change the read out temp by 9 degrees, I had one return because it was (way out) and the replacement probe (the probes can fail if immersed in water) also had the same "problem" turned out when fiddling with the functions the calibration was adjusted by accident.

cheers
frank

Back