Fridgemate And Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stowaway

Reaction score
Does anyone here use a fridgemate and BAR fridge/freezer?

Im looking at getting a new fridge for my fridgemate, and i want it to be a bar fridge.
im just having problems finding one that fits a fermenter inside.

can anyone tell me the make/model they use? (i want it to be bar fridge size only. and preferably upright not chest freezer.. chest freezer will be last resort becuase i put things on it)

pictures would be great too!

Does anyone here use a fridgemate and BAR fridge/freezer?

Im looking at getting a new fridge for my fridgemate, and i want it to be a bar fridge.
im just having problems finding one that fits a fermenter inside.

can anyone tell me the make/model they use? (i want it to be bar fridge size only. and preferably upright not chest freezer.. chest freezer will be last resort becuase i put things on it)

pictures would be great too!

I bought a wine cooler for my fermenter, it doesn't have a compressor so there's no hump at the back and the standard coopers fermenter fits perfectly inside. The warehouse had them for about $150 i think and i can keep the tempany where from about 12 to 20 degrees.

I bought a wine cooler for my fermenter, it doesn't have a compressor so there's no hump at the back and the standard coopers fermenter fits perfectly inside. The warehouse had them for about $150 i think and i can keep the tempany where from about 12 to 20 degrees.

How Long ago did the warehouse have them? Damn. i think i might go the wine cooler way as well

Just picked one of these coolers up from the Warehouse it looks like it was designed for the Coopers fermenter, fits perfectly :)

How do you go about Temperature Control ? Just pop a thermometer inside and tweek the control ?

I did a quick test with the empty cabinet and it only went down to about 14C I presume it works much better when there is a container of liquid inside.

I was hoping to be able to do a lager in it. Damn near impossible to maintain low temperatures here even with Aircon on full. ( and the expense ).

Just picked one of these coolers up from the Warehouse it looks like it was designed for the Coopers fermenter, fits perfectly :)

How do you go about Temperature Control ? Just pop a thermometer inside and tweek the control ?

I did a quick test with the empty cabinet and it only went down to about 14C I presume it works much better when there is a container of liquid inside.

I was hoping to be able to do a lager in it. Damn near impossible to maintain low temperatures here even with Aircon on full. ( and the expense ).

I actually took my fermenter in before I bought it, got some weird looks from the staff. I couldn't believe how perfect it fit.

I just use a thermometer in the fridge an adjust the thermostat gradually to get the temp I need, you could use a frigemate if you wanted to though.

Without a fermenter I had the temp down to 10 degrees a couple of weeks ago, so lager should be possible.

It's a peltier, it was designed to store wine at 17C, it probably won't go much lower than 14C.
edit: It would be great for keeping ale fermenting at the right temp, but it wouldn't have the cooling capacity to get down to lager temps, It might reach 10 empty, but then you'll be putting in a warm fermenter and the fermentation will be giving off heat. I was looking at a peltier for ales which is do-able, but for lagers I think you need refrigerated cooling.

I suppose I could just add Ice bottles as well but then it is difficult to mantain an even temperature without fluctuations.
might have to stick to ale instead. Good job I like dark and stouts.

Latest posts

Back