Freezer Tempreture Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylfish

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I think im going to go out and purchase a chest freezer to hold my kegs during serving and carbonation, i was looking at the controllers to get the temp around 4-5 degrees and im wondering where i can get the ones that plug into the mains and control it that way rather than me having to wire the fridge :( , Pin point accuracy isn't majorly needed, just aslong as i cankeep it at a good spread between 3-10 degrees. can anybody help me?

cheers

Hey guys,

I think im going to go out and purchase a chest freezer to hold my kegs during serving and carbonation, i was looking at the controllers to get the temp around 4-5 degrees and im wondering where i can get the ones that plug into the mains and control it that way rather than me having to wire the fridge :( , Pin point accuracy isn't majorly needed, just aslong as i cankeep it at a good spread between 3-10 degrees. can anybody help me?

cheers

Look into this product

http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=718

Plenty of info here on this forum

You have to wire it up yourself - but it is a fairly straightforward jobbie.

How it works is you plug your fridge/freezer into it, and then plug the unit into the wall. you have a temperature probe that you put inside your fridge/freezer.

The unit will turn your freezer on when it goes above a set temperature, and off when it goes below a set temperature.

All parameters you can set yourself - so they are also good for keeping ferments at certain temperatures too.

Mine does the job perfectly. Keeps the freezer at a constant 3-4 degrees.

hmmm 240 volts is a bitch to mess with. are there any that have the electrical side sorted out?

ok, so i bit the bullet and purchased one of those bad boys. so ill be getting it in an airbag soon and then hopefully have a functioning area where i can have some cold conditioning and keg serving! Cheers guys

Latest posts

Back