• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free - Esky Mash Tun W/ Heater Element

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dent

Under Pressure
Reaction score
Upgraded to stainless steel bling so this has now had its day.

It has served me well over the last 102 brews, started out as single infusion basic system, eventually ended up as part of the HERMS.

DSC_3151.JPG

DSC_3145.JPG

DSC_3148.JPG

DSC_3143.JPG

DSC_3152.JPG

Comes with 2400W single phase heating element, with cable attached. Also, just for you guys I have put a ball valve and copper tube in the hole after I removed my own braid, for you to fit yours. Also has a digital meat thermometer with an apparently unlimited battery life. Also has lid.

So those of you wanting to get started in all grain, all you need is this plus a length of stainless braid from bunnings, and your mash scenario is taken care of. Though it is a pretty manual operation, you have to plug it in and pretty much watch it until it gets to the strike temp, then unplug. Fitting some automation is an exercise for the reader.

Fortunately back when I was using it in this manner it would only drop about 1 degree over 90 minutes. Worked great.

Price is free, though if you bring a couple of your finest bottles of brew it makes it a little more interesting for me.

Upgraded to stainless steel bling so this has now had its day.

It has served me well over the last 102 brews, started out as single infusion basic system, eventually ended up as part of the HERMS.

DSC_3151.JPG

DSC_3145.JPG

DSC_3148.JPG

DSC_3143.JPG

DSC_3152.JPG

Comes with 2400W single phase heating element, with cable attached. Also, just for you guys I have put a ball valve and copper tube in the hole after I removed my own braid, for you to fit yours. Also has a digital meat thermometer with an apparently unlimited battery life. Also has lid.

So those of you wanting to get started in all grain, all you need is this plus a length of stainless braid from bunnings, and your mash scenario is taken care of. Though it is a pretty manual operation, you have to plug it in and pretty much watch it until it gets to the strike temp, then unplug. Fitting some automation is an exercise for the reader.

Fortunately back when I was using it in this manner it would only drop about 1 degree over 90 minutes. Worked great.

Price is free, though if you bring a couple of your finest bottles of brew it makes it a little more interesting for me.

PM sent

if it doesn't get got and you don't mind posting I will buy it :)

jyo has taken this away. good luck with the brews.

hahaha HLT and Mash tun all in one, thats a great idea. can you use it as a kettle as well?

jyo has taken this away. good luck with the brews.

Cheers again, mate. Was talking about your very fine beers and setup today at work.

One of THE nicest Pils Ive tried :icon_drool2: ...and amber ale...oh yeah and the stout. Was there a Hefe too...? :beer:

Back