• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free Brewstand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benhobbs

Reaction score
Well not quite a brewstand, but I reckon it could be a good use for this 42U server rack that fell off the back of a truck.

No really, it fell off the back of a truck, landed on it's corner and knocked the whole thing slightly out of square, hence it is no good for servers now.

I was fully intending on using it as a 3 tier brewstand, but once I got it home and tried to get it into the garage I realised this wouldn't be a smart idea.

It is 2m tall, and my garage door is 2020mm, so I can't put casters under it to be able to move it around.

It is FREE! You will need a trailer/ute to pick it up from my place at Beecroft. You will need two people to load it as well.

It is sitting in the driveway right now, ready to pick up ASAP!

Cheers
Ben

No Takers???

If I don't get a response tonight, I'm off to the scrap metal tomorrow.

Cheers
Ben

Well not quite a brewstand, but I reckon it could be a good use for this 42U server rack that fell off the back of a truck.

No really, it fell off the back of a truck, landed on it's corner and knocked the whole thing slightly out of square, hence it is no good for servers now.

I was fully intending on using it as a 3 tier brewstand, but once I got it home and tried to get it into the garage I realised this wouldn't be a smart idea.

It is 2m tall, and my garage door is 2020mm, so I can't put casters under it to be able to move it around.

It is FREE! You will need a trailer/ute to pick it up from my place at Beecroft. You will need two people to load it as well.

It is sitting in the driveway right now, ready to pick up ASAP!

Cheers
Ben

Do you have any pics Ben?

net_rack_main.jpg

with a slight ding.

Disclaimer: demo model shown.

I might have to go and measure my garage now :lol:

damn if you were in the hunter I would take it.

O well, surely someone could use it...possibly for its original purpose??

damn if you were in the hunter I would take it.

O well, surely someone could use it...possibly for its original purpose??

Tell you what Pok, I will take it and if it doesn't suit me I will give it to you. I will be going up that way around the Christmas break.
What do you say?
eric

Tell you what Pok, I will take it and if it doesn't suit me I will give it to you. I will be going up that way around the Christmas break.
What do you say?
eric

Eric,

This "could" work, however i fly out to asia on the 16th of December and not back until early February. Unless you could leave it at my work in Pokolbin (same areas as where I live anyway) and I could get it from there.

Let me know and maybe we can tee something up.

Pok

Guys, bit more info - this is a Knurr cabinet, with lockable front and rear doors and a vented top. Front door is glass, Ben has the key for it. One small 4 point 1/4 length shelf (ie.. KB Tray) and a couple of fairly solid wooden shelves biult in.

Solid as a rock, its been knocked about 10mm out of kilter, along the entire height. Front door will still open and close, however we couldn't sell it as equipment will not sit exactly flat.

RRP is circa $3.2k ex GST. It's sitting on Ben's front driveway... GO NUTS!

Cheers - Mike

It's loaded up in the trailer right now.

You might even be able to convince me to deliver it, if it isn't too far from home.

Cheers
Ben

Ooops! Hang on - I thought Epping was somewhere else!! (Closer to Dubbo)!!
Sorry - too far!
Sorry about that!

Back