• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free Brewstand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfella

Reaction score
Hey Guys I am in the process of welding up a new brewstand. So I no longer need my old three tier stand.
I was going to cut it up and burn it but thought there my be someone out there who would have a use for it..

I may be tempted to get rid of my old 3 ring burner and hp reg if anyone is interested but I would need some cash for that..

Local pickup from Mont Albert North...

IMG_0190.jpgIMG_0191.jpg

Man, I'm tempted. I'm just around the corner too! How did you operate it.. I assume you have an electric HLT?

I'm planning on a welded stand myself sometime.

If you haven't got rid of it yet I would take it bigfella.

johnno

Het guys smashed jaffa has put his hand up for both. But he is just checking to see if it will fit..

Hey Bigfella,
Completely OT but I noticed you were using a HP reg on your 3 ring burner. I know there are a few of us around looking at this setup but are too tight a#&ed to 'take one for the team' and buy a Reg. How did you find it ? Was it noisy ? Difficult to light/ control the flame etc.
Cheers
Doug

Hey Doug. The only reason I went that way was about 18 months ago I bought a nasa burner from Rays outdoors it came with a hp reg. I had nothing but trouble with the setup. So I decided to use the reg on my old 3 ring it worked a treat gave a fare bit more ooomf. It turns out the hp reg was not hp enough for the turkey burner. But would likr a charm on the 3 ring....

Just the other day I went down to the G&G a bought a new hp reg that they sell with there Nasa burners whooooo did that make a difference.

One happy boy know :super:

Thanks Bloke ! All the info I need. Anyone not happy with their HP reg's output and want to sell it ? :D

Het guys smashed jaffa has put his hand up for both. But he is just checking to see if it will fit..

Thanks, Bigfella.

I am going to wait and splurge on a steel stand one day. Thanks for the opportunity.

Great to meet you yesterday and I intend to crank up the 3 ring burner on the weekend. B)

This site rules! :super:

SJ

I am going to wait and splurge on a steel stand one day. Thanks for the opportunity.

SJ

Hey SJ, in terms of a cheap steel frame for a brew set up, Goatherder has a great budget solution. On his site: Goatherder brewing he details the set up of a hammer-together frame from Bunnings ($50) with MDF shelves.

Just another option if you want to go steel without breaking the bank.

Thanks to Goatherder for his site too - some great tips and walkthroughs there.

Cheers

Good shelving units - Bought 2x the 350Kg shelving units from Bunnings when they were on special some time back. One in the garage doing normal garage style duties, one next to the fridge with about 140 longnecks

Sorry to hijack!
But thanks Bugwan and Goatherder on the pics of brew frame/stand. Those shelves are exactly what I have in my laundry for storing bottles. What a great idea!
Cheers
Steve

Another option is to scan your Yellow Pages for storage and shelving, warehousing places. The most likely places to be selling 2nd hand Dexion. I got enough of the really heavy-duty stuff, bolts/nuts & brackets included for $70.

Just an alternative.

Warren -

SJ

Hey SJ, in terms of a cheap steel frame for a brew set up, Goatherder has a great budget solution. On his site: Goatherder brewing he details the set up of a hammer-together frame from Bunnings ($50) with MDF shelves.

Just another option if you want to go steel without breaking the bank.

Thanks to Goatherder for his site too - some great tips and walkthroughs there.

Cheers

Bugwan,

thanks for that fella, great info from Goatherder.

I may just go take a look see at Bunnings and check them out. Could be just what I am looking for, as I am trying to have a small footprint for the shed at the back of my garage.

SWMBO still thinks I'm buying stuff for around the house when I go to Bunnings!!! :p

Thanks again to Bigfella for the 3 ring burner and the HP reg at a good price.

Cheers,

SJ

[/quote]

Thanks again to Bigfella for the 3 ring burner and the HP reg at a good price.

Cheers,

SJ
[/quote]

glad to be of service

Back