Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

yum beer

Not in the house, you've got a shed..
Reaction score
damn the fine print

Mikedub

Reaction score
I think there was a band doing the pub circuit (many years ago) called Free Beer, bet that got the punters in

Nick JD

Blah Blah Blah
Reaction score
Isn't it illegal to give beer away free?

Liam_snorkel

كافر
Reaction score
used to have free beer once a week at the parky tav when i went to uni.
probably explains why i dropped out.

Harry Volting

Reaction score
Sound like Murray's Port Stephens.
ie Free Beer!...(and under in really really small print not legible with beer goggles on) 'tomorrow only'.
Ha.

Pennywise

Brewin' Beer for Crazy Clowns & Juggalo's
Reaction score
Where is that place?

mikec

Reaction score
Isn't it illegal to give beer away free?
I think that applies if you don't have a liquor license.
Many years ago a friend of my Dad's, a restaurant owner, got in trouble for sitting down with some of his patrons and having a glass of wine with them (which he brought out) because he didn't have a liquor license. The powers that be argued that he was charging for the meal, and thus must be including the cost of the wine in the price, and thus, was selling alcohol. Yep, the wowsers are everywhere...

mmmyummybeer

Reaction score
doesn't say what type of beer either. proble old out of date VB. makes you wonder does VB even have a best before date as i think most VB drinkers wouldn't care anyway

mxd

Reaction score
doesn't say what type of beer either. proble old out of date VB. makes you wonder does VB even have a best before date as i think most VB drinkers wouldn't care anyway

no
free wifi
craft beer
:)

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
3 Bacchus beers on tap & a nice range of bottles... not a VB in sight.
Great little bar...if you haven't been yet, get in & support the bars supporting craft beer...

cheers Ross

mmmyummybeer

Reaction score
not a VB in sight and supporting craft beer. Then who care's what the sign says they have my vote.

freezkat

Reaction score
not a VB in sight and supporting craft beer. Then who care's what the sign says they have my vote.
people in the states can bring in their own beer and wine to almost any restaurant. I think it's has something to do with cork service.

I don't know why more places don't feature this more often. They don't have to deal with the city or liquor distributors.

Amber Fluid

Beer Snob
Reaction score
Slightly OT but years ago in a Hobart hotel they advertised they have "Free Beer" on a Saturday night. Sure enough everyone come from far and wide only to watch Free Beer (a band) play. It was huge advertising for the band being their first gig in a Hotel but obviously the punters new about it next time.

petesbrew

Lover of Beer
Reaction score
people in the states can bring in their own beer and wine to almost any restaurant. I think it's has something to do with cork service.

I don't know why more places don't feature this more often. They don't have to deal with the city or liquor distributors.
We have BYO here too, but depends on the restuarant.

Love the sign!

benno1973

Beer Idiot
Reaction score

BYO and corkage still requires a licence (or at least it used to), just a different sort of licence. The licence is cheaper and it comes with it's own set of rules (no-one under 18 is able to pour wine, etc). For a small cafe, the licence cost could be prohibitive. I might be wrong, but that was the way I remember it years ago...

Latest posts