Free Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edschache

Reaction score
see attached: IMAG0333.jpg

I think there was a band doing the pub circuit (many years ago) called Free Beer, bet that got the punters in

used to have free beer once a week at the parky tav when i went to uni.
probably explains why i dropped out.

Sound like Murray's Port Stephens.
ie Free Beer!...(and under in really really small print not legible with beer goggles on) 'tomorrow only'.
Ha.

Isn't it illegal to give beer away free?

I think that applies if you don't have a liquor license.
Many years ago a friend of my Dad's, a restaurant owner, got in trouble for sitting down with some of his patrons and having a glass of wine with them (which he brought out) because he didn't have a liquor license. The powers that be argued that he was charging for the meal, and thus must be including the cost of the wine in the price, and thus, was selling alcohol. Yep, the wowsers are everywhere...

doesn't say what type of beer either. proble old out of date VB. makes you wonder does VB even have a best before date as i think most VB drinkers wouldn't care anyway

doesn't say what type of beer either. proble old out of date VB. makes you wonder does VB even have a best before date as i think most VB drinkers wouldn't care anyway

no
free wifi
craft beer
:)

3 Bacchus beers on tap & a nice range of bottles... not a VB in sight.
Great little bar...if you haven't been yet, get in & support the bars supporting craft beer...

cheers Ross

not a VB in sight and supporting craft beer. Then who care's what the sign says they have my vote.

not a VB in sight and supporting craft beer. Then who care's what the sign says they have my vote.

people in the states can bring in their own beer and wine to almost any restaurant. I think it's has something to do with cork service.

I don't know why more places don't feature this more often. They don't have to deal with the city or liquor distributors.

Slightly OT but years ago in a Hobart hotel they advertised they have "Free Beer" on a Saturday night. Sure enough everyone come from far and wide only to watch Free Beer (a band) play. It was huge advertising for the band being their first gig in a Hotel but obviously the punters new about it next time.

people in the states can bring in their own beer and wine to almost any restaurant. I think it's has something to do with cork service.

I don't know why more places don't feature this more often. They don't have to deal with the city or liquor distributors.
We have BYO here too, but depends on the restuarant.

Love the sign!

BYO and corkage still requires a licence (or at least it used to), just a different sort of licence. The licence is cheaper and it comes with it's own set of rules (no-one under 18 is able to pour wine, etc). For a small cafe, the licence cost could be prohibitive. I might be wrong, but that was the way I remember it years ago...

Latest posts

Back