Free Beer In Canberra!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteoz77

Reaction score
I have a problem.

I have 12 full kegs, and 4 full fermenters.

I have more beer than I will be able to drink in 4 months.

I need help!

So here's the deal.

I am going to open my doors, and my taps to all canberra people that want to come over and have some free beer. Some of it is fantastic, some of it is just good. None of it is bad.

On taps:

Apfelwien Hard Cider
Cerveza (from a kit, and dry hopped)
Mango Wheat Beer (nearly gone)
Cascades Orange Pale Ale (Nothing to do with cascade, it's the Hops!)
City of Fountians Pale Ale
Gumball Head
Black Dog Stout
3 legged Hound Pale Ale
Octoberfest
Steve's Light Pale Ale

Feel free to bring your own beer, but I really want to get some of mine drunk.

Also, the BBQ will be fired up, so if you bring food, you get to eat!

I have a fairly large house and can easily accomodate around 100 people, but only have seating for around 35. If it's a nice day I haver another 20 or so seats for outside. Plenty of room/s for lounging and drinking.

OK, so I'm thinking Sept 19,20,27 or Oct 3 or 4th

Which is Better Sat or Sun?

Any Ideas?

Really good idea, could even make it a brew day, even thou you have too much beer. Would just be a chance for the non-AGers to get an insight into the dark side. Pitty you not in Qld, otherwise I would have lend a hand :party:

QldKev

I'll be in on that - any days fine.......but if it helps you could bring over a keg tomorrow to boost up my supplies of half a keg of your stout :lol:

Cheers
Steve

P.S. Guys if you want to taste a beer with a wow factor turn up. Oh, James I like how youve called mine a LIGHT pale ale and I get its in your good category :lol:

I'll be in on that - any days fine.......but if it helps you could bring over a keg tomorrow to boost up my supplies of half a keg of your stout :lol:

Cheers
Steve

P.S. Guys if you want to taste a beer with a wow factor turn up. Oh, James I like how youve called mine a LIGHT pale ale and I get its in your good category :lol:

LOL I knew you'd like that!

OK, I have a big vote for the 4th when Bindi is in town, and I now know that the 26th is a no go, as it's the day of my mother in law's birthday party.

LOL I knew you'd like that!

OK, I have a big vote for the 4th when Bindi is in town, and I now know that the 26th is a no go, as it's the day of my mother in law's birthday party.

4th Oct is good, though since I last had a beer with Bindi and the Wig n Pen he's completely disappeared...hope he's ok?

Im actually going to be in Canberra from about the 15th-22nd of Sept. I'd be interested in coming along, esp. if it turns into a brew day.

I wont vote for a particular date, but if the stars line up I might come along (if welcome).

Awesome idea and very generous, count me in for any weekend except 19-20 Sept (Going Fishing)

Cheers
Carboy :icon_cheers:

OK, I'm gonna say it will be the 4th of October. My Birthday is on the 6th..so I'll celebrate early!

Regretablly I too shall be fishing that weekend, whilst I have never actually had the pleasure of sampling one of James beers I understand that they are absolutey top shelf, as one would expect as he is (or was) indeed the brewer for Canberra's premium brewery Zerholz in Fyshwick.
Of course with the rather shocking weather we are enduring at the moment my plans may change in which case I may well motor over.
K

Regretablly I too shall be fishing that weekend, whilst I have never actually had the pleasure of sampling one of James beers I understand that they are absolutey top shelf, as one would expect as he is (or was) indeed the brewer for Canberra's premium brewery Zerholz in Fyshwick.
Of course with the rather shocking weather we are enduring at the moment my plans may change in which case I may well motor over.
K

Thanks Dr K.

Not THE Brewer, but one of 3 assistant brewers :)

Hope you can make it on the 4th

Great Idea. I'm not sure what I will be doing in the next few weeks as once the bee hives are done its random until the swarm collectors get me some bees. If I'm free I can come over. Can even bring my beers and mead :) Not that you'll be short or anything :)

Were you southside or northside?

Im Belco.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Great Idea. I'm not sure what I will be doing in the next few weeks as once the bee hives are done its random until the swarm collectors get me some bees. If I'm free I can come over. Can even bring my beers and mead :) Not that you'll be short or anything :)

Were you southside or northside?

Im Belco.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

I'm in Jerrabomberra or extreme southside if you like. Bet Hell it's NICE out here!

Buggar. Still its worth the drive over. Will be in Torrens tomorrow for a little while on bee related activity so I'll be somewhat closer :)

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

OK Guys, shoot me a PM or put a post in this forum, and let me know if you're coming. I'll need to get some nibblies and maybe some chicken wings etc.

OK Guys, shoot me a PM or put a post in this forum, and let me know if you're coming. I'll need to get some nibblies and maybe some chicken wings etc.

1. Peteoz77
2. Steve - will also bring food (not sure what yet)

Cheers
Steve

I am hoping to make a road trip.

Shouldn't we each bring a small portion of nibbles/food etc, since you are providing beer?

I'd be happy to bring some provisions.

Cheers Jason.

Sure! If anyone wants to bring food for the grill.. or just to pass around, it will be welcomed.

Can bring something. If you give me a heads up on what's on so far I'l see about bringing something different.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Can bring something. If you give me a heads up on what's on so far I'l see about bringing something different.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

BP - wouldn't mind a taste of one of your meads? Hint Hint!

Back