• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free Beer - Free Bottles! (Brisbane)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Brewers...

We have approx 20 crates of unopened beer entries (2nd bottles) from the Qld State Championships.
We also have approx 30 crates of opened beer bottles.

Crates + beers + bottles are FREE to anyone who wants to pick them up. No sorting, just take as many crates as you want, plastic + glass bottles. First come first served.

We will keep refrigerated until the end of the week, then whatever's left will be dumped!!!

Collection from CraftBrewer/Bacchus Brewing Co. Unit 1, 2 Christine Place, Capalaba.

Cheers Ross

Yeah... wow.

It would be really interesting to work through a crate or two over a few weeks!

Makes me wonder why people need to send ini 2 bottles to the comp, its not the case in Vic, if you get through the State comp, you supply another bottle for the Nationals. Negates any of this.

Different strokes for different states I guess

Might have to send a few mates in...
They can grab some parts for me while they're in, too :D

Are you guys open today Ross? I'll spin by after work if you are.

Yob said:
Makes me wonder why people need to send ini 2 bottles to the comp, its not the case in Vic, if you get through the State comp, you supply another bottle for the Nationals. Negates any of this.

Different strokes for different states I guess
You make it sound like there's a problem. There's none at all & there's free beer/bottles for anyone that wants them (no point throwing them away). In the Qld comp all costs of entries into the Nationals (if you qualify) is covered, including cost of sending. That's a big saving for anyone that qualifies, for a little extra cost in send 2 bottles initially. Entries were up 33% this year, so looks like the formula is a winner up here.

The reasoning behind the second bottle is sound. It's to reduce the administrative nightmare for getting beers to nationals. Dave does enough hard work for the QABC as it is.

Also if you're swinging by Ross's to pick up bottles remember to thank him for letting us have the run of his business for 3 weekends including cold storing all the beers!

Though the boys out back would have had a pi55 up with them. :chug:

I have a van and need to go there tomorrow to get some more ingredients for my next brew, so if there's any left I'll have to pick some up! :beerbang:

Wow that was quick. I was planning on making a trip over just now. Glad I checked here first.

Back