Found Some English Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkFaerytale

Fuggle Abuse
Reaction score
i'm the type of person who always leave things to long and forgets about them, but i decided last night to sort out my hop freezer while i was seeing if i had enough cascade and amarillo for my brew over the weekend, i threw alot of older hops out but i found a few gems and was hopeing someone could tell me a good recipe for a nice english bitter or perhaps traditional english IPA

found:
100g Target
about 80g Fuggles
about 80g EKG

as well as a small amount of saaz and styrian goldings that i'll probably make another wit from

so any idea's? probably a good one for Voosher and all you other english beer lovers

-Phill

Hi DarkFaerytale,

Look into Warren's "Back on your bike bitter" from the recipe section. It's a top recipe. Follow his advice on water chemistry and you wont be dissapointed.

All the best.

JS

Hi DarkFaerytale,

Look into Warren's "Back on your bike bitter" from the recipe section. It's a top recipe. Follow his advice on water chemistry and you wont be dissapointed.

All the best.

JS

Thanks for the kind words JS.... The old Back on your Bike was a bloody top drop indeed.

Did you use the 1187 Ringwood yeast? Unloved little bugger but makes a good bitter. :super:

Can't take credit for the water treatment though. Got that advice from KoNG.

Warren -

Your welcome Warren.

However, I can't actually speak for the yeast. Never used it. I got "back on the bike" with Windsor ;)

Cheers,

JS

Your welcome Warren.

However, I can't actually speak for the yeast. Never used it. I got "back on the bike" with Windsor ;)

Cheers,

JS

Windsor eh? Been itching to give that a go. Soon I think. Be nice to get a dried English strain that isn't pox like S04. B)

Warren -

I'd say give it a go, I haven't had a great deal of experience with it just yet but my initial impressions are a big thumbs up. Particularly for this style.

I've also got an Irish Red in the fermentor at the moment getting the same treatment. Time will tell.

JS

I'm sure a victorian lambic officianado on here would have gladly taken those old hops off your hands Phill, they might have even traded you something for them!

oops didn't think of that brendanos, bit late now the truck came by this morning to get the rubish, i'll remember for next time, would rather not waste something if people think they can use them

ta JS and warren, back on ya bike and an english IPA i whipped up in promash look like they'll be hitting the fermenters soon

-Phill

Latest posts

Back