• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For Sale - Pots, Mash & Chiller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

early

Reaction score
Morning All

I've got a bit of stuff to sell. All equipment is in excellent condition and of high quality from G&G. I am based in the Geelong region, although work in Melbourne & Bendigo areas weekly so I can drop off potentially.

- 50L SS Pot with Lid & Fitted Thermometer = $290 ($400 value)
(Also includes bottom fitted 1/2in ball valve with all seals, washers, nuts & SS parallel thread)

- 50L SS Pot with Lid & Fitted Thermometer = $290 ($400 value)
(Also includes bottom fitted 1/2in ball valve with all seals, washers, nuts & SS parallel thread. )

- 40L Rubbermaid Mash Tun with SS false bottom & Thermometer Fitted = $260 ($350 value)
(Also includes bottom fitted 1/2in ball valve with all seals, washers, nuts & SS parallel thread)

- Copper Immersion Chiller Coil with Hose Connections = $120 ($200 value)
(You wont buy the copper at that price these days)

Like all good transactions, cash is king and I'm happy to negotiate

Cheers

Early

Just made a 7m chiller this morning for $65 with fittings(18m roll from the plumbing supplier was about $110)
But would recommend this sale for people not yet competent at copper work

Tom

Just made a 7m chiller this morning for $65 with fittings(18m roll from the plumbing supplier was about $110)
But would recommend this sale for people not yet competent at copper work

Tom

Ha, not to be taken literally listeners, although I'm not far off, the chiller uses about 14m of formed copper. You can get the easy to bend stuff allot cheaper I think. Something to do with the fact that it contains more zinc than copper.

Cheers
Early

What are the dimensions of the chiller? Looking to see whether it will fit in a 40L urn.
Is it this one?

http://www.grainandgrape.com.au/product_in...roducts_id=7047

I would say it is similar to the one photographed as it was purchased from G&G. The dimensions are roughly 270mm diameter by 500mm high to the bend in the arms. It fits in the 36L Rubbermaid cooler and 50Lt pots. I will post some pics shortly

Cheers

Early

I would say it is similar to the one photographed as it was purchased from G&G. The dimensions are roughly 270mm diameter by 500mm high to the bend in the arms. It fits in the 36L Rubbermaid cooler and 50Lt pots. I will post some pics shortly

Cheers

Early

Thanks. How many metres of copper? of what width?

Pictures as requested.

Just a minor correction from my original post. One of the 50L pots doesn't have a ball valve connection only the thermometer but is exactly the same as the one photographed below, except without the ball valve.

Hence adjusted price for this will be $260

IMG_2523.JPG
IMG_2524.JPG
IMG_2525.JPG

Thanks. How many metres of copper? of what width?

Double check the photos as I didn't make it, got it from G&G.

I'm assuming 12mm copper and the photo suggests about 16 ribs @ 270mm dia, so pulling out old school maths each rib uses about 850mm of copper, so that equates to about 13.6m, plus the arms of about 500mm each. I'd say not much change out of 15m of copper.

Cheers

Early

Happy to say that I have now parted with the Rubbermaid Mash.

The pots are likely to go this weekend.

Just need to get rid of the copper chiller, so happy to take any reasonable offer

Cheers

Early

PM sent and deal done for chiller now as well.

Back