• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For sale: MORE cascade and chinook rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cascade is about 10cm at the minute. only got one of the three to sprout so far.

Chinook

i148X5Y.jpg

Cascade

rfAJdoW.jpg

Planted mine in May about a week after I got them because I was worried about mould in the fridge. Some in pots and some in the garden. Still waiting on the pots but the garden rhizomes have started growing. Can't remember which were Cascade and which were Chinook but I'll be using both as late additions if I get any cones so don't care!

Have two short sprouts from cascade even after Canberra frosts and kids monster truck rally in their garden bed. Nada from Mr Chinook

Thought I'd give an update on progress from bennys rhyzomes. As a first time grower I wasn't expecting much from the first year rhyzome, but holy sh!tballs they're going nuts. We've had a fair bit ofof rain in the Berra recently which I think has helped but I've also added three doses of liquid tomato feed since they started growing.

Cascade on right Chinook on the left. Both are about 3-3.5m tall and both flowering It's a bit of a mess up the top next year I think I'll add a couple more trellis' to spread them out. Look forward to harvesting! Thanks Benny!

IMAG0556.jpg

IMAG0554.jpg

Started with 1 each string but I didn't space them enough and God knows what's going on there now. New bines are popping up out of the ground all over the place. I trimmed the leaves off the bottom if the cascade early which makes it easier to see what's going on as well as getting rid of some fungaly leaves bit Chinook didn't get the same treatment the. Went nuts now I'm too scared to cut something that Might be a main bone.

It makes my heart weep tears of joy to see that :)

Mine have sprouted well, but they're quite stunted. I haven't given them anywhere near enough attention, so they're small and struggling. We're about to go away for a few weeks over typically a very hot dry period, so I fear the worst!

benny said:
It makes my heart weep tears of joy to see that :)

Mine have sprouted well, but they're quite stunted. I haven't given them anywhere near enough attention, so they're small and struggling. We're about to go away for a few weeks over typically a very hot dry period, so I fear the worst!
You can always go a fermenter full of water on a very slow drip. Maybe rig up some temporary shade cloth too.

Great idea with the fermenters!
Milk crate, fermenter full of water, tomato food.

benny said:
Great idea with the fermenters!
Milk crate, fermenter full of water, tomato food.
Protip: Use plenty of loose mulch over the soil, and some silicon tube going from the fermenter tap to under the mulch layer to avoid water evaporation losses. ;)

Hi Benny, I will take a bag of each please. I am in Brissie. Let me know how to pay etc. cheers Jeff

Ha ha, yes, sorry Nigel, I mean brewkid, none this year.

Latest posts

Back