• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For Sale: Keg fridge (fridge only)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sponge

Dungeon O' Sponge Brewery
Reaction score
Hey all,

Since I'm currently in the process of building the collar for my keezer, I'll be looking to move my keg fridge on to anyone interested. It'll probably be available at the end of September/start of October (as the keezer needs to be finished by then for the wedding), so I'm just gauging interest at this stage.

Westinghouse RJ212, 165L fridge, 47L freezer. Door shelves have been removed and has a piece of painted MDF (see photo) in place. Fits 2 x 19L kegs (although in the photo I only have 1 x 19L and 1 x 9L currently on tap) and some bottles, or with some smart work of the hump space, may fit 3. I've never tried.. I did leave enough space between the two existing taps to install a third one at a later stage but never got around to it since I never tried fitting a third keg in.

I found the freezer kept frosting every so often when I wasn't using a temp controller, but have rectified that with an STC. I'll be using the existing STC and enclosure in the new keezer, but have a spare STC and larger enclosure I can wire up for someone if you don't have your own.

Fridge is in reasonable condition, apart from the scratches on the front (see photo) from only holding the drip tray on with magnets and it having been moved throughout its life.

Fridge and drip tray are in the sale (not kegs, taps, CO2 bottle, hops, etc), but I'd be suggesting securing the drip tray a little more permanently than my magnet arrangement (happy to throw the magnets in, although they've seen better days).

Just looking to recoup some costs with the fridge so looking at selling it for $150 with the stc, or $130 without.

PM if interested.

Pickup from Wollongong, NSW.

So it's actually just a fridge with holes in it and a drip tray?

Si senor. Just an empty keg fridge with some of the more laborious work done.. There's a small hole in the side of the fridge as well for a gas line.

It's more just a convenient size for people living in an apartment (or anyone with limited space), and has served me well for over 3 years.

Alas, with an upgrade of our residence comes an upgrade of the keg fridge.. Poor me..

EDIT: Unfortunately for this sale, I sold off a number of kegs a few months back, otherwise I would've been throwing some kegs into the mix as well. The taps will be re-used (one on the keezer, one for a portable setup) along with the gas bottle, so the only thing left standing is the fridge and drip tray.

Yeah, the killer is no taps included, trying to get my cousin into kegging so that's a bit of a bummer. Good luck with sale, a lot of people will appreciate plug and play for taps if they don't have a hole saw.

No problems mate - that's what I was hoping on. The drilling and removing shelves was by far the most tedious job so hopefully someone who already has some kegs and taps just needs something to keep them in!

Cheeky bump for the evening crowd.

Latest posts

Back