• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For Sale - Hop Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Covered in sticky goo? :huh:

Homegrown hops are good, not sure they are that good though :lol:

I guess they were in the wrong dark alley at the wrong time.

I had the same thing with mine Dave, an apology letter from AusPost but what appeared to be no effort to clean up the liquid whatever it was, thankfully the rhizomes weren't effected.

Must have been travel buddies coming over

3 varieties for sale this year - Chinook, Cascade and Victoria.

Same price as last year (and the year before) - $10 each.

I will package each rhizome in damp coir to keep moist.

1-2 rhizomes will fit in a 500g express post satchel for $10
3+ rhizomes will need to go into a 3kg express post satchel for $13.
Payment is by bank deposit only.

No pickups.

I WILL NOT post to WA or TAS due to quarantine restrictions.

Do not create a list here, send me a PM with the rhizome(s) you are interested in and I'll send you my bank details.

See my signature for an update on which varieties are still available, Cascade and Victoria are in short supply this year.

Victoria is my favourite hop, the first time i tasted a beer that used this hop i thought of loquats and have been hooked ever since. Wikipedia describes the flavour of loquats as 'a mix of peach, citrus and mild mango'. That works for me. I expanded my victoria hops last year and now have 3 plants growing!

I use all 3 hops (individually) as late additions in my golden ale, rye version preferred.

Hi Doc,
I'm new to AHB (I can't even work out what PM stands for, for God's sake!), does your post mean only Chinook are left, or are they a new addition to your range?

I wanted a Cascade and a Victoria, but I think I saw your posts too late, they've probably long gone.
Many thanks, Dan

PM means private message. Click on the user name, then select send message, easy as.

I'm pretty sure there is only Cascade left at the moment, although I could be wrong!

Got mine yesterday, thanks Dr.!!!

Will they be right in the fridge as they are (wrapped up) until september?

Hi Doc,
I'm new to AHB (I can't even work out what PM stands for, for God's sake!), does your post mean only Chinook are left, or are they a new addition to your range?

I wanted a Cascade and a Victoria, but I think I saw your posts too late, they've probably long gone.
Many thanks, Dan

Hi Dan

If you click on my name on the left hand side you will see the option to send message.

I only have chinook left. Cascade and Victoria sold out very quickly as I only had a small amount of them.

Chinook is the best growing hop in my experience (compared to cascade, victoria, goldings, POR and cluster, all of which i have grown in the past over a number of years) so if you are new to growing hops these are the ones to grab (awesome sales pitch, pats self on back :rolleyes: ). The hop in the picture a page or 2 back is chinook.

Cheers
Mark

whacked the Rhizomes in the freezer because thats where hops go.. ..... next day OH SHIT its not hops got them out put in fridge.. have I just killed them?

Thanks again Doc, sitting in the crisper much the the annoyance of SWMBO :rolleyes:

"when did you say you are going to plant them?".. well after the frosts dear.. "but it's not even winter yet!!".. no dear, it's not ;)

Covered in sticky goo? :huh:

Homegrown hops are good, not sure they are that good though :lol:

Takes cross-pollination to a new level.
Might end up with hop flowers in little fluoro vests!

whacked the Rhizomes in the freezer because thats where hops go.. ..... next day OH SHIT its not hops got them out put in fridge.. have I just killed them?

Probably not, they grow in Victoria, Tassie and NZ. All of these places rival each other for the coldest place on earth, the Adelaide Hills not that far behind. And then there is Canberra, where if you stand still long enough outside in winter after dark you freeze solid.....

Probably not, they grow in Victoria, Tassie and NZ. All of these places rival each other for the coldest place on earth, the Adelaide Hills not that far behind. And then there is Canberra, where if you stand still long enough outside in winter after dark you freeze solid.....

cheers for the feedback, I'll give them a bash and see what happens..

gav

mine arrived late last week thanks, threw one in the ground with horse poo and blood and bone, the other is in the fridge as a back up

cheers

-Phill

Mine just turned up. Awesome!!

Great service, thanks Doc :D

Mine are also in the fridge waiting for the spring time.

As usual, not expecting much in the first year, but am still excited by the possibility of home grown hops.

Sponge

Thanks Doctor,

My Chinook Rhizome turned up in the mail today.

Can't wait till spring to plant it. Just got to rig something up for it to climb on.

I have heard that Cascade and Chinook hops go well together in a brew. Can anyone confirm that as fact?
I only have space to grow two hop plants so I will have to choose my next hop variety wisely to compliment the Chinook.

Any suggestions? What goes well with Chinook?

Cheers All,

Thanks Doc :)

My chinooks arrived today safe n sound

Latest posts

Back