• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For Sale - Hop Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it makes you feel better, Smurto, I am sure a few of us could pitch in on an abusive email?

Just let us know. :)

By the way, how old is the Chinook plant? I'm starting to think another varietal in the garden might not go astray.

Like all the other creatures that inhabit this planet, i like to spread my seed far and wide :huh: :lol:

Over the years i have sold quite a few rhizomes, would be interesting to see how they are all going and what people think of them. Each year the mother rhizomes get bigger and more determined to take over my vegie patch/chook run. Some of the runners i pulled up this year were 2 metres in length with shoots all the way along them. Would be very invasive if they found their way into a creek and mine are maybe 10m from one.

Not unusual to see them growing in the fridge, i recall last year i still had some left in early September and they were alsmot breaking through the plastic bags!

This is the first year i haven't received abuse via PM or posts in this thread about how i am 'ripping off my fellow homebrewers' and should be giving them away.

I like to think by charging $10 i played some small part in ending the ebay rort of a few years ago when rhizomes were selling at up to $100 each.

Those who have bought off me will hopefully realise there is no money made in any real terms by me given the amount of time and effort i have to put into this and yet i still only charge $10.

I agree with you Doc, it takes up a lot of time running around to drop packages one or two at time into the express mail box. Not to mention the time taken 'rooting around' :lol: digging up the critters, and sorting and packaging them as well.
I'll only be pulling up the easy ones in future. This year I just wanted to see how they did, and I also buried some bines and wanted to see if that was any good. Digging about the crowns is slow if you wish to avoid damage.
I'd actually prefer to see people selling them than giving them away as there was a couple of varieties I wanted to get and couldn't because everyone grabbed the stuff that was given away. I'm sure some people grabbed more than they would've if they had been paying for them. I'm happy to pay for rhizomes when I want them.
And besides that $10 is a bargain. Nothing to complain about there considering the time taken.

If it makes you feel better, Smurto, I am sure a few of us could pitch in on an abusive email?

Just let us know. :)

By the way, how old is the Chinook plant? I'm starting to think another varietal in the garden might not go astray.

You can only send me an abusive PM/email if you abide by the forums profanity rules :p

The original Chinook was planted almost 6 years ago, the other chinooks i planted a year or 2 later just to ensure that what i sold the first time was actually viable.

You are doing nothing but a great service at an incredible price, Sir Smurt.

Definitely gives all of us a chance to grow our own hops with no financial depression, and anyone who complains is probably just out looking to cause a stir... Troll, if you will.

Huzzah!

Sponge

I have bought hops nn the past ans grateful that I have received a number for free as of late. I have always shared what I have, both in terms of hops and rhizomes. I will shortly be receiving some Leggett hops if all goes well and will share the rhizomes too if all goes well. It is about doing unto others....spreading the love so to speak. Some things aren't about money.
Nevertheless, it is nice to have a little extra cash to 'invest' in further brewing endeavours. $10 for a decent rhizome is nothing anyway.

Either way, thanks to all who have been generous in terms of times and materials over the past couple years.

oi! When are you gonna go rip those two roots out of my old garden!!!?

2 healthy Hallertau roots need pulling in FTG, you said you would. fasto!

I for one really appreciate the effort you have gone to Doc. A1 packaging and A1 effort for my thoughts.. well done mate

I look forward to seeing what this year brings me with the little Smurto monsters..

Yob

ed: prnunti

No, just fukin do it.

PS: if anyone is there (ad is on realtor to rent it), you'd have to be the unluckiest biqtxh in the world to be caught by that. Really useless realtor, just please don't leave a mess, tuck it. All back in. Ish.

The shit I do for you. Might go in tomorrow early. We'll have to talk. I'd have to leave by 3.30pm to get it dug before dark (if lucky).
How did you do 2286 posts already? By typing"fat arse...**** it.....I have a crotch itch again....damn herpes acting up......". The crap I put up with...better be good rhizomes to make venture out to the hills.

Hop rhizomes are now SOLD OUT for 2012.

Thanks to all who paid promptly and made my life easier.

Good luck with the impending growing season, some parts of the country should be seeing above ground growth about now. Colder places will still need to show some patience for a few more weeks at least.

Latest posts

Back