• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For Sale - Hop Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben there is a fellow who has done that quite successfully and he is only one suburb away from you. :D http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...c=51959&hl=

aaaaha is that what i can see looking toward the sunset :-D My god, the only thing ive seen grow that rapidly is normally under lights ;-) ;-) (and on tv of course)

Sold several to queenslanders and from the hop plantation threads there are many from more north than you successfully growing hops. I like the idea of the hills hoist, mine is being ripped out (eventually) and i have always thought it would make a great trellis.

I recommend using the largest pot possible if not planting them in the ground so 1/2 wine barrels are perfect. I would only plant 1 rhizome per barrel though so if you have more plants, invest in more barrels!

awesome. ill work out the wheres and whats, and organise something for the swap in a couple weeks if thats cool?

cheers guys

Hi Dr Smurto,
Apologies for the teething problems..re-attaching your quote. I'd love one of each please (Chinook & POR)!
I have sent you a PM with details.

Musc

Mine arrived today, Thanks mate.

Wraith

Doc, you will be happy to know that the 'prodigal' rhyzome has found a new home with a fellow brewing mate of mine, it felt right to pass along the good will.

Ya bloods worth bottling mate

:icon_cheers:

Yob

Doc, you will be happy to know that the 'prodigal' rhyzome has found a new home with a fellow brewing mate of mine, it felt right to pass along the good will.

Ya bloods worth bottling mate

:icon_cheers:

Yob

No worries Yob, glad it all turned out well.

Still plenty of chinook rhizomes left.

Dr;

Can i get a chinook and Goldings please?

cheers

I bought one of each this year, what sort of AA% should I expect? Ball park figure?

I bought one of each this year, what sort of AA% should I expect? Ball park figure?

Seeing as you are also in the hills these are the figures i use.

Chinook 9.0%
POR 9.0%
Goldings 5.0%

These numbers will change year to year and also depend on location/soil/sunlight hours etc etc etc

Hi Dr Smurto,

Are you selling rhizomes again this year?

Cheers,

Jake

Latest posts

Back