• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For Sale - Hop Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drsmurto

Reaction score
G'day future hop farmers

I have POR and Goldings rhizomes for sale - $10 each plus postage (local pickup in the Adelaide Hills is fine)

Postage will be express post satchel. Payment is via bank transfer (cash on pickup is good).

500g $8.00
3000g $12.00

I should be able to get 2 in a 500g satchel, anymore will require the larger satchel.

I will package each rhizome in coir (or similar) to keep moist. I WILL NOT post to WA or Tas (Quarantine requires more work than i am prepared to put in)

PM me, don't create a list here. I will announce on this thread will they are all accounted for.

Cheers
DrSmurto

p.s I have sold several of these in the past and to date have not heard anything but good things about the quality. If for some reason you are unhappy about the rhizome please PM me first and we will sort it out.

EDIT - these are from very healthy plants - Link

EDIT #2 - I wont be checking this thread or my PM inbox every few mins (nor will i be responding to every PM) so until i post here to say the hops are all accounted for assume you are on the list for a hop. I'll contact everyone later in the week, possibly next week with bank details and will go from there.

If people miss out on POR i will have bucket loads in August ,they are from plants that have been in the ground at the present spot for 8 years.PM me if you miss out

I am sure there will be heaps available chinook and POR seem to be abundant last year prob be the same this year so if you miss out on any of them they will come up again but I am looking for other varieties and will snap them up as quick as I can :p

Great timing, just 2 days ago I was talking about growing some this year. PM sent.

I grabbed a smurto POR last year, first year in the ground this year and managed something like 300g dry. Left alot of flowers on the bines as well.

I grabbed a smurto POR last year, first year in the ground this year and managed something like 300g dry. Left alot of flowers on the bines as well.

:icon_chickcheers:

Thats an awesome haul!

Update - there are still plenty of rhizomes left. Nowhere near as much demand this year as there was last year.

Thats an awesome haul!

Update - there are still plenty of rhizomes left. Nowhere near as much demand this year as there was last year.

I think the POR prefer the conditions. Had a cascade right next to it that yielded only about 40g dry.

Thats an awesome haul!

Hey Dr

Keen to get one or two
Just moved to Lobethal can pickup anytime in the next day or so

give me a call when it suits, 0424676132

Cheers
Andrew.

I've had a few PMs from people who would like a rhizome but don't have the cash right now.

If you fit into that category you are more than welcome to PM me and reserve a rhizome or 3 and pay at a later date.

I can store it in the fridge for a month if that helps anyone. :icon_cheers:

Hello.

I don't know what PM stands for. Hopefully this is it! I'd like to buy 2 Goldings rhizomes if you have them. I live in the hills so can pick them up.

Thanks,
Richard

Hello.

I don't know what PM stands for. Hopefully this is it! I'd like to buy 2 Goldings rhizomes if you have them. I live in the hills so can pick them up.

Thanks,
Richard

Richard,

PM's Personal Message. If you go to DrSmurto's original post, and put you mouse over his name on the left hand side a little black arrow will come up. Click the arrow and select send message.

Bumma.

PMed! Thanks.

Richard,

PM's Personal Message. If you go to DrSmurto's original post, and put you mouse over his name on the left hand side a little black arrow will come up. Click the arrow and select send message.

Bumma.

Might be a little off topic, but what AA% do you typically get from homegrown POR?

Thanks DrSmurto, arrived today.

Goldings will go in next to Goldings I got from Boston last year and that can be the S.A. in Vic Goldings (SAV Goldings) section. The rhizome is huge.

The POR will find a home somewhere as yet unspecified.

Cheers.

I don't suppose these can be sent to Tassie. :(

Back