• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For sale - Hop rhizomes $10

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Perth and would like to plant some hops at home.

What am I'm I looking at to get some sent here?

Cheers

I planted a couple of the Victoria rhizomes a couple of weeks ago and they are already sprouting (a couple of shoots 2 inches long). They are outside in a sunny spot big pots (in Sydney). Is this normal? I haven't grown hops before but from what I've read they're a couple of months early.

Just giving drsmurto a plug, bought some Vic a few weeks ago from. Outstanding quality and packaging. You would be very unlucky to suffer damage to rhizomes via post as a result of the packaging efforts.

I planted a couple of the Victoria rhizomes a couple of weeks ago and they are already sprouting (a couple of shoots 2 inches long). They are outside in a sunny spot big pots (in Sydney). Is this normal? I haven't grown hops before but from what I've read they're a couple of months early.

Not sure there is such a thing as normal when dealing with these plants. They are beasts that will grow in the dark in a fridge wrapped up.

Pots will allow the soil to warm up so it's not that unusual for them to take that as a signal to start growing, compared to in the ground where the temperature will be cooler. Unless you are in a frost zone there is probably no harm in letting them grow.

Just giving drsmurto a plug, bought some Vic a few weeks ago from. Outstanding quality and packaging. You would be very unlucky to suffer damage to rhizomes via post as a result of the packaging efforts.

+1.

Thanks for the plug and glad you are happy with your rhizomes. Packaging is something I take pride in and once people receive their rhizomes they will understand the amount of effort I put in to getting your rhizomes safely to you and how little money I make. Definitely not a get rich quick scheme.

Just giving Dr Smurto a plug as well. My rhizomes turned up yesterday and were exceptionally packed. Now in the fridge waiting for planting.

Thank you!

To all those who have ordered and paid expecting postage today, I have had to postpone posting this week. Rest assured you will get your rhizomes but they will now be posted next week.

I'm a full time stay at home Dad now along with running a new vegie gardening business and part time study (horticulture) and am struggling to balance them all, particularly with an extra kid at home during school holidays.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cheers
DrSmurto

Last edited:
I've caught up on all the orders and posted a heap out yesterday. Thanks for your patience.

Still plenty of Chinook available but Victoria is running out.

Hi Mate, are you selling these all year round? What's the best time to plant? Waiting for new house & garden to be finished before I can get some going.
Rocki

Hi Mate, are you selling these all year round? What's the best time to plant? Waiting for new house & garden to be finished before I can get some going.
Rocki
Will have Chinool for at least another month plus have a patch I haven't dug up yet. Victoria will be gone soon. They need to be planted soon as they'll start growing soon.

In your experience, are Chinook more aggressive of a grower than Mt Hood / Victoria / Cluster?

The Chinook you sent me are up.. 1st year Mt Hood and 2nd year Cluster aren't.

Chinook is a monster although it is usually the last to shoot. I've found it to outgrow all other varieties easily.

Still plenty of Chinook available and a small number of Victoria. Please send me a PM if you're after any.

Latest posts

Back