Font options for Celli taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squirt in the turns

Reaction score
I've got a kegerator in progress and need some advice about mounting Celli taps to a font. I originally bought the Cellis when I was dispensing from a fridge with taps mounted though the door. For that configuration, or a for mounting through a collar, they were quite obviously the way to go.

I've since upgraded to a large chest freezer (should hold 9 kegs once I put a collar on it), and am scratching my head trying to work out how best to put a really nice font set up on top of it, with the Cellis. I'd like to add another 3 to the 3 I already have. They're currently mounted to a cheap Chinese font tower that I can't wait to be rid of due to its flimsy feel:

ext.jpg

The shanks screw into these adapters which hold them snug against the font: http://craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=3029
The I've had to grind off the elbow on the adapters for the lower 2 taps to make them fit inside the tower:
20130823_184547.jpg

I'm thinking that I could make (or have fabricated for me by a pro) a nice sturdy stainless dual-post font (kind of n-shaped), but can't work out the best way to actually attach the taps. Maybe get 5/8" female socket to beer line barb adapters welded inside the font? But then getting access to attach lines to these or do maintenance would be problematic, I don't mind spending a bit of money getting this right, but I have a feeling that getting a Celli font shipped over from Europe will blow the budget,

Anyone else got their Cellis on a decent font? What are my options here? Cheers guys.

How strange, I have just spent the last hour searching for taps to fit on my 3 tap Celli flooded font. From what I have found I think I need "lock in" shanks because the snap lock shanks I have are too wide.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Brad is that celli font able to take celli taps? or is that what you were searching for?

I'm interested because I have a three tap and four tap font exactly the same as this gathering dust, but if they can take celli's might hold onto one for my

bar..or both :ph34r:

Judanero said:
Brad is that celli font able to take celli taps? or is that what you were searching for?

I'm interested because I have a three tap and four tap font exactly the same as this gathering dust, but if they can take celli's might hold onto one for my

bar..or both :ph34r:
From what I have found it doesn't , but there may be an adapter for it if you take the lock in part off. Was just on the celli site, they have fonts with cellis on them but the fonts don't have the same adapter as this one. Might just grab an Alan key and see.

Latest posts

Back