Floryte tap sealant

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gezzanet

Reaction score
I have an old andale floryte tap I'm cleaning up and putting into action. I noticed in the tap body, around the base of the spindle shaft tube there is some white, looks like epoxy sealant. Haven't noticed this before. I would have thought the spindle shaft tube was machined as part of the tap body and didn't need sealing. Wondering whether it was an attempt by a previous owner to fix it?
Anybody know whether the spindle shaft tube is a machined in job or a press fit. I dont want to scratch out the sealant if it serves a purpose.

floryte tap body4.jpg

floryte tap body3.jpg

floryte tap body2.jpg

Looks like it's set in the base. I'll scratch it out. Thanks

I dont think its lube,

Mine is an old one, and it looks like it is half filled with epoxi at an angle, im guessing to assist in flow.
It is hard, shiny and white

mmmm. haven't scratched it out just yet. It is hard shiny and white as well. Better leave it in for now and see how it goes.

Does yours by chance have a plastic plunger thing?

N87 no plastic plunger, all metal. nice solid tap.
Mark, thanks, First go to was andale site. they are looking into it also.
In and working. definitely not hard to pull apart and clean out when i find out more
cheers gez

Just cleaned up another Floryte tap from s different supply had the same thing in it. Looks like n87 was on the money. Part of the original design me thinks. So I'll leave it alone.

Also looked at a new one in the local hbs today. Same white hard base inside. Case closed. Part of production id say.

Didn't ask. Had to get a couple of washers so had a quick squiz under the nozzle while o was there.

Latest posts

Back