Flooded font lines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balconybrewer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am about to start constructing a new bar and have a flooded font to content with, what sort of lines (beer, silicone?) do most people use to circulate their cold water / glycol?

Cheers

The real question is are you going to buy a glycol or water system.. ..I use standard beer lines from Keg king.. however at the moment I am running a keezer with fans to pump up cold air.. Glycol in the future when I move house and have a bigger bar.

I use 12mm silicone, a small pond pump hooked up to a 20lt jerry that sits on the compressor hump.

Batz said:
I use 12mm silicone, a small pond pump hooked up to a 20lt jerry that sits on the compressor hump.
Gotta keep that one in mind

I have a run of about 4 metres from my fridge to the font on the bar. I have a half inch copper loop that runs from the fridge, up through the font and back to the fridge. Reservoir of 5 litres of glycol sits in the freezer and is pumped through a short length of silicon, through the door and then joins onto the copper circuit. Beer lines wrapped around/cable tied to it.

I was running water at fridge temps through the circuit but wasn't cutting it. Glycol at -15, even a small volume works great. Whatever you go with insulate heavily.

Rgds

Linford

Latest posts

Back