floating pickup tube

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosco

Reaction score
Has any one ever tried something like this with a length of silicone hose for a floating pickup tube. Instead of transferring wort from the bottom you could get it from the top. I remember seeing something similar on here but I cant remember where. For the price I might give it a go unless someone has a better idea.

Thats actually what gave me the idea. Just wondering if anyone has tried it in a boil kettle. I think I have seen one before but cant remember. Might have been in a sparge.

It's a good idea, it's worth a shot. I reckon you would have to weight it somehow to keep it slightly under so you don't start sucking in air, especially if using a pump. I was going to say you might have issues with whirlpooling, but no reason to whirlpool if you are drawing from the top!

Yeah i didnt really think it through. I am biabing which would make it a pita to have it connected from start to finish. I might still use it for recirc though. Could work with a pump for transfer maybe.

Latest posts

Back