Five Figure Posters?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeaselEstateBrewery

Reaction score
Who has the highest number of posts, and highest average daily postings on AHB? Has anyone cracked the five figure mark (10,000 posts and above)? Do high posters generally add high value?

If you look on the forums tab, scroll to the bottom right hand side of the page-

Click on Overall to 20 Posters you will find half of your answer.

Number one is Batz on 9392 posts

Whether those with the most posts do/have add the most value is for you to decide

MHB

If you look on the forums tab, scroll to the bottom right hand side of the page-
Click on Overall to 20 Posters you will find half of your answer.
Can you also get other information such as maximum daily post average for accounts over a year old? I understand mine has probably risen dramatically with today's posts.

I hate the plus one.
I don't do a lot of +1ing myself but as an outright beginner I often found them quite helpful. When I searched for info and found someone had asked the question I was wondering about I was always a bit more confident in accepting someone's answer if a few people had seconded it and when I do +1 something it is for that same reason. I don't think it is the terrible offence many here want to pretend it is.

I don't do a lot of +1ing myself but as an outright beginner I often found them quite helpful. When I searched for info and found someone had asked the question I was wondering about I was always a bit more confident in accepting someone's answer if a few people had seconded it and when I do +1 something it is for that same reason. I don't think it is the terrible offence many here want to pretend it is.
+1 I am reformed . I was getting at the constant +1ers (nothing else quoted). See its not so bad if you explain your +1 ing.
GB

For mine Bribie, Screwy, Ross etc had heaps of very usefull info that was contributed. These days we hardly see them, then there are dozens more. Sure there are shit fights on a beer forum, I have had many many and been suspended many times. FWIW, IMO AHB has gone backwards. These days I drop in to check the VicCase swap, comps, but its really hard to get excited about the content of late, repeats.
Seeing advertising banners from a cupcake company is not what I want to see on a forum website.
One cant blame moderation for assholes that post and post then argue, that happens. In my time, nothing has changed to bring some into line though. Nothing has changed when members have asked for it, i.e yeast forum, bulk buys>main board. Chinesehop man just moved to another site and left everyone pissed off because the owners of the forum shut down the bulks from the main board, Great! :angry:
Owners of the site are not keeping AHB open out of their own pockets I wouldnt think.
I encourage people not to walk but tellem AHB what you want and what you think needs improving. Over and out.

...FWIW, IMO AHB has gone backwards.....

Who has the highest number of posts, and highest average daily postings on AHB? Has anyone cracked the five figure mark (10,000 posts and above)? Do high posters generally add high value?
Case in point. 2yrs on AHB and hasn't figured that out <_<

I find myself agreeing more and more with u these days haysie

Some people love to post just to increase their post count. THen, newbies see the amount of post's they have, and assume they know what they are talking about. Can end messily sometimes. But hey, we're all brewers and as long as we try it for ourselves it all works out.

Merry xmas people!

Seeing advertising banners from a cupcake company is not what I want to see on a forum website.

Owners of the site are not keeping AHB open out of their own pockets I wouldnt think.
I encourage people not to walk but tellem AHB what you want and what you think needs improving. Over and out.
Yes this site is advert income orientated. The owners are making a lot of money for advertising, just seems to get more all the time. I was a sponsor of this site once but the rates kept going up so I pull it. All the crew that were here when I started have moved on to less advert/money/troublesome sites.Cant say I blame them.
GB

I must admit that while I never minded the banner commercials next to the logo, the promotion related extra ones recently- the one for the book and the current one- are too intrusive for my liking.

+1

If you look in a posters profile it will list the average postes per day.

But this will never be a rating on the brewers knowledge.

and boy is there some crap laid out as advice these days by 4 figure posters!

Edit...... eg. I have 5700 posts.... at 2.34 posts per day. Others i see have a count up around the 10 mark or higher depending on the person.

are they better brewers?

others on here have member numbers in 2 figures but post counts of under 100.............. they are probably the people you want advising you but sadly........ folks who can offer good advice are leaving in droves.

They should have a good post/rubbish post option so that we can all vote on others members worth. That way if a n00b has a question answered by Manticle (which happens daily) they can be confident that it's good advice because his "helpful advice counter" would be several thousand. It works a lot better that purely a post count. I'd be about 3 posts per day but a lot of those would be questions & heaps would be pure crapping on for the sake of crapping on about case swaps etc. If I offer advice though then it's going to be good advice, if I don't know an answer I won't post for the sake of posting.

Back