Five Figure Posters?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crapping on about caseswaps is IMO very acceptable. The great thing about AHB is the meetings, swaps, comps. AHB is a fantastic forum for all that.

others on here have member numbers in 2 figures but post counts of under 100.............. they are probably the people you want advising you but sadly........ folks who can offer good advice are leaving in droves.

This I don't get. Knowledgeable posters won't give the benefit of their knowledge and leave the forum, thus adding to excess of dross by not adding to valuable information.

Knowledgeable posters are why I joined and stayed on this site. I try and add what knowledge I have gleaned, partly in gratitude and to further that knowledge. I admit I don't get everything right (I try but perfection is something I've been denied since birth) but those who've been around should stay around and correct any rubbish perpetuated by others - hopefully with patience, especially when incorrect advice is offered with sincere intention.

It's a forum where people discuss beer knowledge and experience. Not every post is spot on. It's not an encyclopaedia but arrogance (and I'm not talking about you Tony - I see you as anything but arrogant) is as useless as shit advice.

As someone with more posts than I should have, I'd suggest numbers of posts mean jack. Some posters have lot of posts with good info, some have very few with good info. many others have either loads or very little of meaningless gab.

You and I are living proof though Haysie that you can disagree about stuff on the internet and meet up and have a beer and sort shit out the best way known to humankind (ie: sharing beer and a chat).

This forum has been great for that - meet, drink beer, see the face of the person who's previously just a screen name and an avatar.

On the occasion when I can't physically meet someone due to them living in a different state, I can at least sort shit out with private message and/or rational discussion. Most people here love beer and brewing. it's easy enough to find what we have in common rather than what makes us separate.

The last thing I am is a hippy - I just believe in communication rather than antagonism. There's enough shit around like that already

Manticle... I deleted that post. it was a bit over the top. I`ll continue too report asshole posting thou. Cheers

Good beers and good food for the next few days mate.

All the best to you and yours.

Back OT
I Again propose anything Off topic isn't counted on ur topic post count

:lol: :D :lol:
Back OT

edit. posting too much tonite, pls dont count that on the i love you counter CM2

Pissing and moaning about the quality of the posts and posters is a reflection on yourself.

Accept who you are and stay...or maybe go...depending on how this forum makes you feel.

There are two words that make forums great: growth and tolerance.

I've grown on the forum - my brewing has improved, my online skills have done the same and I have enjoyed that experience.
There's some things that shit me to tears... but I know that some of that is me, and some of that is others, it's only the brewing that matters.

If I get the 'hump' over a post that Old Mate made, I just look to the joining date of that member and remember that when I first joined, I was posting like a dick head too. Most people stop it, but I just keep doing it. :lol:

Guys like Screwy, manticle, Bribie, Half Fix, Thirsty, Tony, ...they really help us all out. Their post counts vary. It's not always the total posts, but the response to YOU when you post. That's what makes forums great.

I could go and be a hell manic poster on another new forum, but to salve my own ego, I'd just be doing the same shit all over again.

runaway-bride-001.jpg

Back OT

If you want a number under someones name to show how worthwhile they are to the AHB community then any post count won't help, I say the good post/rubbish post option is the way to go. Hardly any of my posts would be in the OT section but I'm still at about 3 posts per day. If AHB had the option I'm suggesting then the blokes that have helped others would have meaningful numbers next to their name & I'd be somewhere much closer to 0 than I am with my post count.

Edit: +1 to what incider said.

Who was pissing and moaning?
Tolerance of an ordinary website is worth mentioning isnt it. Or is it just old school, this is the way it is in QLD?

edit.... where is everyone? they werent tolerant, they didnt **** sheep and post up time and time again sicko **** goat jokes. If your gotta throw shit, you need to feel the shit first. It can stick>>>>>>>>>>>>Goose

I dont understand the moaning... Do,people have no mental filter? Its effectively an unmoderated forum - just skip over the stuff you dont like and suck the value out of the stuff that actually is good. Its free... How much right do you think you actually have to complain?

This is my community, my backyard - if occasionally people shit in it, i will discourage them from doing so, then go get a shovel and clean it up. Sometimes - its me who does the shitting, and because of all the other good stuff that happens, people put up with it, move on and wait for the good stuff that occasionally i manage to pop out.

There is still good stuff aplenty - if there wasn't maybe i could understand the bitching - but all this moaning because you are required to make a bit of effort to decide who you think is worth listening to, and hitting the "next" button when you dont??

Geez, do we not only want our content spoonfed to us, but we need for it to be unadulterated and pure too before we wont purse our lips and spit it out like a fussy 2 year old?

Sorry, but it reeks of whining nancy boys to me - harden the **** up and learn to self moderate. Its not all that hard.

I dont understand the moaning... Do,people have no mental filter? Its effectively an unmoderated forum - just skip over the stuff you dont like and suck the value out of the stuff that actually is good. Its free... How much right do you think you actually have to complain?

This is my community, my backyard - if occasionally people shit in it, i will discourage them from doing so, then go get a shovel and clean it up. Sometimes - its me who does the shitting, and because of all the other good stuff that happens, people put up with it, move on and wait for the good stuff that occasionally i manage to pop out.

There is still good stuff aplenty - if there wasn't maybe i could understand the bitching - but all this moaning because you are required to make a bit of effort to decide who you think is worth listening to, and hitting the "next" button when you dont??

Geez, do we not only want our content spoonfed to us, but we need for it to be unadulterated and pure too before we wont purse our lips and spit it out like a fussy 2 year old?

Sorry, but it reeks of whining nancy boys to me - harden the **** up and learn to self moderate. Its not all that hard.

Well said

I have found this site to be a priceless resource and yet it is free.
I have picked up so many tips and tricks that have led to the spawning of my own ideas in the last 3 months its crazy.

Plenty of shit goes on in forums everywhere on the internet, my GF is heavily into horse related forums.
The crap, shit flinging and politics that goes on there is just as bad if not worse than here.
Its words on a screen and people let their egos run wild.
You do not have to read it, the reaction you have if you do is your own.

I am very grateful to the people here who take the time to contribute their experiences and knowledge
without it i would have NO idea about how good AG brewing is.

Ho ho ho

Being a fairly novice brewer I find thtis site to be one of my most valuable resources. Reading technical posts from experienced brewers, being told to check out How To Brew and being directed to more advanced stores like grain and grape have been a god send for me and have made me a better brewer already. Think of how much crap you and your mates talk when you have a few beers, you don't take everything they say seriously, so you don't need to here as well. Shit is always going to be flung, it's very easy to ignore it and head to the next topic of interest.

By e way, I see my new 3 vessel all grain set up next to the tree, shit I love Christmas

3 posts from me including this one, average <1 per year and all pretty useless. Does negative evidence count?

If you look on the forums tab, scroll to the bottom right hand side of the page-

Click on Overall to 20 Posters you will find half of your answer.

Number one is Batz on 9392 posts

Whether those with the most posts do/have add the most value is for you to decide

MHB

OK so I'm embarrassed now, what if I don't post ever again?

Long gone Batz :(

OK so I'm embarrassed now, what if I don't post ever again?

Long gone Batz :(

Well you will still have more than 9392 posts and I think we would miss you!

Besides #2 poster is Doc who we don't here that much from any more and third is manticle who at his present rate will overtake both of you by Easter so maybe you should hang around and make him work for it.

Mark

Besides #2 poster is Doc who we don't here that much from any more and third is manticle who at his present rate will overtake both of you by Easter so maybe you should hang around and make him work for it.

Mark

Good call!!

The post count thing doesn't phase me at all, stick around for a bit and if you've got half a brain you'll figure out who's here to learn and teach and who's not. I reckon seeing as though so many people have an issue with it then maybe we should have a rating thing next to each post and people can star rate it or whateve the f**k makes people feel warm and fuzzy. Maybe just have an option in my contorls so you can block that info, like blocking posters posts. I dunno, I've already thought too much about it :(

Back