Five Figure Posters?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a "worst threads of 2010" thread? This 1 may get some mileage.

Another useless post in my quest for 5 figures.

lol

+1

Let me add to my post count too.

Surely the original thread question was answered in the first couple of replies.

Sorry, just another OT post.

I have to agree. Never have I seen such stupid and useless posts as the ones that come from him....imagine making a list of all the people you think are worth a shit and posting it.....meaning everyone else must be useless.

And the whole thing about the boat people...if he really cares..donate time and make a difference. less time posting and maybe helping in some real way. other wise don't give your useless opinion.

happy new year
Well budwiser, that is an interesting post. Before dismissing you I actually took the time to read through your posts/topics.* To me, quite surprisingly, they seem to be productive. Haysie should have been permanently banned a long time ago so I find it interesting that you are agreeing with him. Quite a puzzle actually.

I do write long posts and put a fair bit of thought into them. The main one I wrote tonight you can read here. It took about two hours to write and, if read correctly would take the same amount of time, or more, to digest and think through. I'm a bit suspicious that you mightn't be able to do this.

I enjoy writing such posts about the grey areas of brewing.

If you want to criticise me, then you should criticise me about how much I enjoy writing posts that require some thinking and might make me, after a few beers, look clever :lol:. If you did this, you would be about 25% right, but probably a lot less. When I write, my usual motivation is the challenge of handing on knowledge or experience in an easy to use manner. This is not easy. For me, it provides an intellectual challenge that I find enjoyable. So, it amuses me.

You have criticised me, inaccurately, for making a list of valuable people. As I wrote, very clearly, the only people I mentioned, were the ones who contributed to this thread. Just acknowledging them took a few hours and I like, from time to time to acknowledge those who really contribute here. They deserve it.

I could have mentioned many others such as hashie, jimmysuperlative, wizard78 and NME who have been making a massive difference for at least several years. I could have mentioned Dane and doc and all the mods. These are just a few names that spring to mind.

These people and countless others make a productive, positive influence. They make a difference. Often the difference made is behind the scenes and is never seen.

One thing though that you will find is that when they post here or anywhere else, they post with the best of intentions. They strive as best as they can, to give quality information / service. Occasionally they stuff up.

So, if you find long posts like the one I linked at the beginning non-productive and you don't really know my history here then that is fine. If you want to believe haysies's posts about edits/deletes/etc. then that is fine but...

Don't criticise me for spending time giving a bit of credit to those on this forum to those who deserve it. You should do the same and there are a lot more great members out there making a difference in spite of others.

You have also criticised me for my more humanitarian threads. Maybe this is what made you agree with haysie? I don't know.

But, on a final note, what I think is good practice, are posts like InCider's above. As far as I can see he is willing to waste his time on someone who never writes posts that add value. I wish I could be more like InCider. He's a bloke that strives to make a difference where he walks.

So budwiser, are you really trying to make a difference where you walk or does criticising me have a point that I can't see?

I know I write too long a posts and often write them in a grandiose style. Is the latter all that it is? Or was it my thread on the Christmas Island Drownings that you couldn't quite accept?**

Thanks to you others - I better not mention you but you know who you are so :icon_cheers:
Pat

* You should probably do the same with mine.
** Maybe you and haysie should post directly there instead of obliquely here. You criticise me for late night posts, the same ones you have done here, so, next time bud, maybe contribute to this thread perhaps after 8am and before midday? And maybe do a bit more reading. LOL.

Some of the most popular and highly populated threads of late at AHB are the ones bitching and moaning. I've refiled my bookmark under "Jerry Springer Style Sites" for when I want to observe some high drama.

It's almost a shame that the talk of beer gets in the way of a long rolling bitch-fest.

Haha, who would have guessed my original question would yield 5 pages of answers and a few arguments, PLUS i added a few more to my post count :icon_chickcheers: .

Yes once again a thread has turned into a bitching session.

It is a part of human nature that we are all different in the way we look and think, is it not sad that because of this we can't get along? All the worlds problems with the human race stem from not accepting another thoughts or religion.

I truly believe that if all who have posted on this thread spent a night sharing some home brew and some home brewing experiences we would get on fabulously and have a hoot. Why then are we so quick to shit-can each other over the net ?

OK big cuddle and make up time :lol:

grouphug2.jpg

Have a Happy and Safe New Years possums

Batz B)

My sentiments exactly Batz, and if you don't like a poster or posted comments roll over the post and read the next one, as someone pointed out (ThirstyBoy), self moderating is a good place to start, feel the love not the hate.
Anyway, a happy New Year to you all and looking forward to some great brewing discussions in the new year.

Cheers
Andrew

Some of the posters in the top poster list have only been here a couple years, thats 4000 posts in a couple years, that must be more posts in a year then beers drunk, i would not trust someone who posts more posts then they drink beers! B)

Some of the posters in the top poster list have only been here a couple years, thats 4000 posts in a couple years, that must be more posts in a year then beers drunk, i would not trust someone who posts more posts then they drink beers! B)
My father would not trust anyone who would not have a beer with him. Looks like there is a connection between beer and trust. No beer is bad , too much beer is bad. :icon_cheers:
GB

I would not trust someone who thinks 5.4 beers a day is unattainable. :p

Yes once again a thread has turned into a bitching session

I truly believe that if all who have posted on this thread spent a night sharing some home brew and some home brewing experiences we would get on fabulously and have a hoot.

Regrettably, there is at least four in this thread that I would not get on fabulously with and have a hoot. :(
Not that I expect any one to care about that,
Just like I don`t.
It`s just that I don`t see the point in pretending to like someone if they give you the absoloute shits.
{people that don`t like me {if there are any} will agree with me for once on that.

Happy New Year folks :D

Two great posts in this thread, Thirsty Boy and InCider should be commended for them!

A lot of other good comments, but really, read those two posts and much of the rest (which surprisingly I agree with much of) is really just "pot, kettle, black"...

For what it's worth, IMO this forum has not changed one iota in the time I've been on it, just the people...and if people were a little more tolerant, and not intolrerant know-it-alls (and that refers to some older posters, and newer), then the forum would be a better place.

Just because you don't agree with somebody, does not make them wrong...

Haysie, will have to catch up for a beer in the new year ;)
InCider, Haysie's really a nice bloke, just ask Lobby :beer:

Forum terrorist would best describe you. Negative, incoherent and a martyr of his own doing.
Take up the job of Moderation PP, if thats your real name then try your luck. Until then continue to report me sissy gal.

@Leigh, great to hear you moved in. I have a couple of crackers on tap atm, so drop me a line when you got a spare half hour.

@Incider, it got messy, take my hat off to you.

I cant believe I didnt get a mention from PistolPatch.my ego is now depressed.

Oh well thats another post to the count :icon_chickcheers: . I might even get a few more in later tonight after few :icon_cheers: .

Happy new year AHB

brad

Oh well thats another post to the count :icon_chickcheers: . I might even get a few more in later tonight after few :icon_cheers: .

If I keep screaming along with my fast paced posting I could even hit triple figures before years end :lol:

Latest posts

Back