Fittings For An Exterior Co2 Bottle In A Keezer Setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82Mike

Reaction score
I am considering moving my CO2 bottle outside my keezer, and running the gas line in through the timber collar.

Of course, I could simply drill a hole, run my gas hose through and seal the hole up with silicone.

Does anyone have any more creative ideas? Are there fittings I could install on the interior and/or exterior of to collar to screw the hose in to?

I am considering moving my CO2 bottle outside my keezer, and running the gas line in through the timber collar.

Of course, I could simply drill a hole, run my gas hose through and seal the hole up with silicone.

Does anyone have any more creative ideas? Are there fittings I could install on the interior and/or exterior of to collar to screw the hose in to?

I saw a brass male / female connector for gas on a YouTube video once, looked around for mine and ended up with the silicone seal and straight hose method you mentioned. I'd still be keen on it for ease of moving the freezer if you find anything suitable..

That looks good providing (a) it can handle the necessary pressure and ( B) it is long enough to fit in my collar (which is about 2" thick). I'll email and ask. Thanks again for the suggestion.

You may have already considered this but you can recess the inside of the collar around the hole for the locknut to go in far enough to take up on the thread (the bulkhead fitting isn't long enough for 2 inch collar).

Or as suggested before, drill a hole snug enough for the hose to just fit through and you probably won't even need any silicone to seal around it.

Cheers
Dan

Latest posts

Back