First use of Nottingham

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't agree more.

For me, sprinkling 2 packs of Notty on the surface of a 45 litre all-grain batch anywhere up to about 1.054 gets consistently good results. All over red rover in a few days with final gravities that match my mashing regime.

This experience matches the advice given by Lallemand. It’s nice to rehydrate but not essential if you are not pushing the envelope. I find this is true for their other yeasts and for Fermentis as well, including lagers. (I have an S-189 euro lager on the go at the mo that has dropped from 1.048 to 1.017 in 8 days. Same thing - sprinkled 2 packs @ 15 degrees C).

I will still use liquid if doing something special. But dry yeast has come a long, long way both in variety and quality. Underrated IMHO.
Yeah don't disagree. Even get sour yeasts now and all sorts. Nothing wrong with dry yeasts at all.

I only used liquid cause I harvest the starter so I outlaid more at the start for specific yeast.

Dennys Favourite is my goto dark beer

Imperial Dry Hop for NEIPAs

Czech Pils for lagers.

Other than that I use us-05 as my generic work horse. I go in dry.

Latest posts

Back