First Brew Success!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarshallBrew

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Bottled my first brew three weeks or so ago (Brewcraft Munich Lager) and thought I would share my success story.

During the SG readings I had a couple of taste tests and thought it tasted alright, so after bottling I cracked one after the first week in the bottle, just out of interest. Whilst it was nice, you could taste it wasn't quite ready.

I had a bit of a bash over the weekend and a couple of mates sampled my Brew and were so impressed, one mate aid it tasted like a Heineken.

How good is it to get a compliment from your mates in regards to the beer you make yourself.

I can't wait to taste my next brew next week - Brewcraft Ultra Imperial Pale Ale.

So, yeah thought I would share.

It's official - I am hooked on homebrew!!!

You are right, there is nothing like people you respect telling you they love your beer.

If you aren't sure about a batch, drink it yourself, if you love it, share it with your mates.

Welcome aboard MarshallBrew.
It is always good when mates appreciate your beer. Kit brews generally take a few weeks at least to develop in the bottle. Give them time and you will be rewarded. Keep brewing and get some stocks up so you can have your beers aged for a few months before getting stuck into them.

It's official - I am hooked on homebrew!!!

Yeah... Just watch out for this home-brewing obsession hobby. ;)

Cheers
Gavo.

There is nothing better than making your own beer.

50 days in the dark is my magic number.... Try your beer after 50 days in the bottle... Nothing like a bit of conditioning.... ;)

Well done on your first, it won't be your last!

Just wait till you start steeping grains, adding hops, you shall be All Graining it in no time!

Beers! ;)

Latest posts

Back