First Brew On The New Braumeister

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJW

As you must brew, so you must drink
Reaction score
Well I was a nevous but the ol 3 vessell system is gone and it was time to take it on her maiden voyage.
Well what can I say................so so easy.
Mashed in 25 litres of water with 5.5 kg's of grain at 50 deg C. 10 min rest at 52, 80 min's at 67 and 10 at 78. Sparged with 7 litres of water 78 deg C. 80 min boil. To easy.
On checking my grain when I dumped it there was still quite a bit uncracked, but 300 grams of sugar fixed that and I got 80% brewhouse eff. I also used a 500 micron hop sock for the fist time too. That was great.
Next time I will crush a little finer but it was such a great brew day. Clean up was the easiest. I put just enough water in to cover the element and heated up with a little sodium percarbonate. There is so much surface area on the element that youcan touch it while it was heating up. That made it easy to wipe the element down during clean up.
Cant wait for next brew, it will be a multi step Pilsner Urquell.
I would never go back to a 3 vessell system now. $2500 well spent I would say

Steve

Well I was a nevous but the ol 3 vessell system is gone and it was time to take it on her maiden voyage.
Well what can I say................so so easy.
Mashed in 25 litres of water with 5.5 kg's of grain at 50 deg C. 10 min rest at 52, 80 min's at 67 and 10 at 78. Sparged with 7 litres of water 78 deg C. 80 min boil. To easy.
On checking my grain when I dumped it there was still quite a bit uncracked, but 300 grams of sugar fixed that and I got 80% brewhouse eff. I also used a 500 micron hop sock for the fist time too. That was great.
Next time I will crush a little finer but it was such a great brew day. Clean up was the easiest. I put just enough water in to cover the element and heated up with a little sodium percarbonate. There is so much surface area on the element that youcan touch it while it was heating up. That made it easy to wipe the element down during clean up.
Cant wait for next brew, it will be a multi step Pilsner Urquell.
I would never go back to a 3 vessell system now. $2500 well spent I would say

Steve
They are great, I was most impressed when I first used mine, can't wait until I brew tomorrow. What size did you get?

I got the 20 litre, and got 22 litres in the fermenter easy, still have a couple left in the BM. I reckon I could get 6kg's in the pipe if I had to, but I think I should be able to get 80% eff in the future, so that still a pretty big beer.
Just have not worked out how to pause the program while mashing?

I got the 20 litre, and got 22 litres in the fermenter easy, still have a couple left in the BM. I reckon I could get 6kg's in the pipe if I had to, but I think I should be able to get 80% eff in the future, so that still a pretty big beer.
Just have not worked out how to pause the program while mashing?
Do you use any brewing software?

yes, just the new Beersmith, but its not really required now as I just use Brewbuilder on Markshomebrews web site ubrew.com.au
Just choose a brew from 1000's in the data bank and it spits out your recipe to suit your brew specs. Too easy

Press the up and down arrows together to pause

Dude dont make your crush to fine and I mean a little finer than you have your mill factory set will be a nightmare! I learnt that on a few days ago. I moved the rollers not less than 0.25mm and it all went to shit. 10hr brew day! Still got 84% efficiency in the end but **** me a night mare pulling the wingnut off and stirring the mash every 10 minutes. Just be ware. Oh and that was with the 50L with 2 pumps I can only imagine how bad with 1 pump

Back