Finally

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitty

Reaction score
I decided to get my old homebrew kit out a couple of weeks ago (my last brew was last July and I found a 6 pack in the cellar, still ordinary) and tonight I decided to bottle it.

I also decided to have a go at bulk priming as I used 10 1.25L PET bottles and 20 old crown lager stubbies...and it seems all the cool kids are doing it.

I added 150g of dextrose to 200mL water, boiled it, put it in a plastic jerry I chose to use for the task, then racked the beer to it through a tube between the taps. It worked a lot better than I expectedfor my first attempt and only the trial run with water caused spillage.

I also got to use my old man's bench capper (he has kegs now) which was a truckload easier than the 2 handled thing I got.

It wasn't painful, but I'm glad it's over. I now remember why it's generally done on a weekend and not started at 7pm when the boy goes to bed. I think kegs will be the way of the future though.

The next brew will go in on the weekend, a coopers australian ale with BE2 (nothing else in town anyway) and hopefully yeast from coopers pale ale if it gets a wriggle on.

I just had to ramble a bit, I'm tired and dehydrated from lack of HB in the fridge.

ohall is well my friend, patience is the one virtue we all must have!

Im hoping my first homebrew gets better over the coming months, although it seems a bit watered down which is a letdown..
if your missing out on some HB, just go to the HB shop and drink all their taste testers!

i also feel like rambling as its late and i just got home from a pub fundraiser for Channel 31!
Turns out there are people out there more funny than i ever imagined. And i'm not talking about Dave Hughes fella's (cant stand the same ranting voice he's had for years).

if i think of it tomoro, ill search a few of the good comedians and see if anything comes up on Youtube to show ya's!

sorry bout the off-topicness, but didnt really seem like this had a topic lol!

cheers whitty

my lhbs has taste testers??????????????

why wasn't I informed about this?

I wouldn't mind having a LHBS even if they had no taste testers. We have a deli with HB stuff but their kits are about $17 and the westbrew enhancer mixes they have with no information on mixing x with y to get z. Maybe if I keep going there and asking for what I want they'll get things up to scratch.

It's hard to go there though when coles and woolies is cheaper for everything (well most things).

It's hard to go there though when coles and woolies is cheaper for everything (well most things).

Provided they have what you need most of the time im like..... :( :angry: :eek: when you go the supermarkets

Do woolies and coles have a grain section? must have missed that. :lol:

they have more than the deli that stocks some homebrew kits in town. For now I'm working on kits and I'll move onto the rest once dad has bought all the gear :D He may already have it as he talked about doing AG brews ages ago, before he became timepoor.

Yeah, near the hops and liquid yeasts in the refrigerated section. I keep telling my local IGA manager that he doesn't need to refrigerate the grain, but he won't listen.

Yeah, near the hops and liquid yeasts in the refrigerated section. I keep telling my local IGA manager that he doesn't need to refrigerate the grain, but he won't listen.
But thats how we roll at IGA...keep it in the fridge, it'll last longer...

At least thats what my boss keeps telling me! :p

Latest posts

Back