Finally getting around to G'day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

of mice and gods

Reaction score
G'day,

My name is Al, and for my sins I live in Brisbane.

I lurked around briefly before joining awhile ago. I got back into kit brewing a couple of years back when a mate (also a member of this forum) got into home brewing so I decided to dust off the old gear.

I was brewing with sugar bottling into tallies for ages and loving my beer. Particularly because it was cheaper then the XXXX Bitter that I'd been drinking for awhile after giving up the good ol' corn liquor as my regularly beverage. Even with kits and sugar, I thought I was turning out some good beer so I played around using different types of sugars (very occassionally LDME or a non-kit yeast - fermented at whatever ambient temp) and a few adjuncts. I also made some ciders and ginger beers too (fairly unsuccessfully).

I'm a bit of a gardener too so I decided to try and grow some hops, met a bloke in Ferny Grove (another member of this forum) who was selling hop cuttings. We got to talking, he gave me a couple of his AG beers and the hops for free. We became good mates, and slowly over time my beer appreciation started to expand (I realised my kit beer and method was shit). I became open to more styles or at least being able to cater to exactly want you want.

Now, I'm the last 6 months I've got my own bastardized maxi/mega-biab thing going on, I gave the bottles the flick after getting depressed about spending 3 hours to prep and bottle 90 L of beer. Got a basic corny keg set up, then got a cheapy fridge and fitted it with taps. Picked up a second fermenting fridge and a temp controller..

Now I get in trouble for spending too much time on this forum.

Or reading about beer..

Cheers!
Al

So

Back