Fermentation Vessel Size

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Willis

Reaction score
Hey all

We have a Fridge setup for fermentation, with a Heat Pad and the Temperature Box thingy...

I have a question, we are looking for a 50-60 Litre vessel that will fit, its an odd size due to the thermostat jutting out the top of the fridge. So need a vessel that is max 630mm high x 450mm wide... Any Ideas Guys??? The vessels I have found so far are all 650 - 690mm high or higher...

Thanks

Pete

I see your problem, I just went out and measure my 60L fv in the garage and it's just a tad too tall.
If you have to resort to a certain amount of dicking about, three of these could sit side by side in the space you describe, they would give you a "block" of 420 wide, 340 deep and 510 high. They are perfectly ok for fermenting in as they actually hold more like 23 litres each - I believe that Manticle and a few others actually use them for primary fermentation.
I used 3 of them side by side in a fridge for lagering purposes for a few years, and they are easy to handle, but since gone onto other methods.

willow 20.jpg

Latest posts

Back