Fermentation Chamber

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTR_Sniper

Reaction score
Brewers..
Looking to throw a fermentation fridge together, using a bar fridge.
To be honest, i couldnt be stuffed trying to find the right fridge, as you know, they are all different.
Can anyone give me a make/model that you are using to save me the hassle?
Cheers

I use a freezer myself but presume anything you can fit your fermenter into will work

nope freezers work really well and give you plenty of room. The only issue is some of the older fellas with bad backs or whatever can struggle to lift the fermenter full of beer out, but won't be a problem if you're reasonably fit. The problem with a bar fridge is that it only fits one fermenter. It might be good enough now but you'll probably wish you had room for a second fermenter and/or some bottles at some stage. I have a large fridge that can fit 2 fermenters and two cubes no worries. Cost me $150 delivered. A larger fridge with more advanced cooling features will give you more room and might save you money in the long run due to better efficiency.

Have a chest freezer set up with temp controller made by Keg King (I think) large enough for two fermenters and can condition 50 odd bottles at the same time. I try to keep everything off the walls a little so I don't actually chill anything and seems to work really well. A couple of issues are as Coodgee says with the chest freezer you do have to lift the fermenters in and out. I also have to drain and clean it out every couple of weeks during the wet season due to build up of condenstaion but it is an old freezer and seals were not that great to start with so may not be an issue with a newer freezer, or somewhere without the humidity.

Latest posts

Back