February It Is

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to bump this back up to the top. I made it through my first full weekend without one alcoholic drink passing my lips. SWMBO did try my APA and told me it was fantastic <_< - I smelt it and I think she was right. I have no idea how long it's been since I went a weekend without a beer. Seriously, many many many years. I did it though - so those of you that didnt sponsor me coz you thought I wouldnt / couldnt do it, well feel free to sponsor me whenever you like :D I left the link above. By the way, I'm having vivid dreams. NO NOT dirty ones.
How are all the other starters going? How was the first weekend?

Does wine count?

How are all the other starters going? How was the first weekend?

Weekend was a bit odd. Kept thinking of having a beer, then realising I couldn't. Seemed like there was more time on the weekend than usual. No problems really, but it does require some effort.

(I had to taste a gravity sample yesterday. Barely a swallow, so I'm not counting it. Fortunately the beer is so-so.)

I'm definitely out. I had a late notice from a mate that he was having a 21st and I was invited. Needless to say I thought I'd better make an appearance.

Lets just say the esky was full... and was an old fridge :D

Good times were had, and I'm not too fazed by not completing a month. At this stage I think its kinda unecessary for me to take a month off anyway as I exercise regularly and always have consecutive alcohol free days per week, sometimes the better part thereof. This isn't a justification for drinking, just my point of view on my personal situation. Did I mention I'm only 20?

Anyway to everyone who is still on the wagon good luck and Godspeed, as they say.

Cheers - boingk

I reckon i had the best sleep I've had in 3 years on Saturday night. Head hit the pillow and everything went black until the Kookas outside the bedroom window woke me about 6am. Don't even remember turning over once

edit (meant to type the first time): I'm finding I don't feel I need to have a beer, it's just the habit of walking to the fridge and having something in my hand while I cook on the barbecue that's weird....

I've been going okay, although 3 nights last week I had a glass of wine with dinner.....I don't count that as compared to 6+ stubbies of beer, it's really not much.

I have already lost my tummy fat that had started to develop over the last few months...

And I've set myself a challenge, the next beer I drink will be my first AG, there's incentive to pull my finger out of my arse and get organised..

I am thinking maybe just having a few more alcohol free weeks over the coming months. But after 80 overs in the field playing cricket on Saturdays, I feel I deserve a little beverage.

Geez Raven, maybe you should try keeping your bowlers off the grog an a Friday night! :lol:

Nige

I'm finding I don't feel I need to have a beer, it's just the habit of walking to the fridge and having something in my hand while I cook on the barbecue that's weird....

Exactly what i think mate.

No reall stress with stopping. My wife was waiting for me to have DT's and curl up into the fetal position on the weekend but i got through.

I miss the taste of my beers............ and the smell of hops.

I dont enjoy fighting the kids away from my cordial! <_<

I was acused by my wife of having an affair last week. "Why are you changing like this all of a sudden?..... who is she?"

We went to tamworth on sunday and it was 40 deg there..... as it was everywhere. We went to visit my wifes brother and they dont have airconditioning.

I sat sown on a vynal lounge and started to sweat. I was then handed an ice old tinny. Ohhhhhhhh the heart ache when i handed it back and explained my plight of a dry month. The wife said........ its only one...... its very hot. But i said i had made a commitment!

cheers

I sat sown on a vynal lounge and started to sweat. I was then handed an ice old tinny. Ohhhhhhhh the heart ache when i handed it back and explained my plight of a dry month. The wife said........ its only one...... its very hot. But i said i had made a commitment!

Ohhh, that's hard core there, Tony. Well done. :super:

Coping just fine (third year doing it so I'm used to it I guess), though could have done with a cold beer in last weekend's heat. Hopefully brewing tomorrow which is fine as I usually brew sober, but will make me think of the beer at the end of the month. :chug: :icon_cheers:

I was acused by my wife of having an affair last week. "Why are you changing like this all of a sudden?..... who is she?"

We went to tamworth on sunday and it was 40 deg there..... as it was everywhere. We went to visit my wifes brother and they dont have airconditioning.

I sat sown on a vynal lounge and started to sweat. I was then handed an ice old tinny. Ohhhhhhhh the heart ache when i handed it back and explained my plight of a dry month.

cheers

Mate - I would of sat up, said I'm having an affair and guzzled that tinnie down. Then like, 'where is my pie'??

After that, a beer dry month is the least of your worries.

:lol:

I was then handed an ice old tinny. Ohhhhhhhh the heart ache when i handed it back and explained my plight of a dry month. The wife said........ its only one...... its very hot. But i said i had made a commitment!

cheers

Good for you Tony. Had a similar experience. My wife & I have a BBQ and a few extra drinks now & then with another couple. I said we couldnt see them for February :p but last weekend we did anyway. Kids in the pool, meat on the BBQ, 40 deg heat - recipe for beer. But I had to knock it back and stick to the lemonades. I'm sure they enjoyed those beers more than usual. Hard when even your mates wife is drinking beer saying "this is just what I need on a day like this" - she's normally a wine drinker.
Similar feeling - only no-one accused me of having an affair :lol:

Hats off to you Tony. That's power.

I'm still dry, sleeping really well and just about to kick the smoking as well. I can see my doodle again when standing straight, so my tummy is creeping back in. Tho I haven't stood on a scale, I reckon I've shed a few kilos.

Mentally, I'm feeling much better, and more alert with a clearer mind. Actually solved a major outage at work on a system I'd never seen before when my Director called on me to help out another team with an issue. Wow, my brain is working much better. Sleeping really well now, despite a rough start to the month.

I will be making a major exception to the month for the IBU's Real Ale Fest. 14 fine English beers served thru an engine. OMG, I can't miss that! I'll take a half-pint rather than a pint glass this year :p

I can see my doodle again when standing straight, so my tummy is creeping back in.

That is possibly the most random post I've seen in a while......

But I know the feeling:p

SOOOO wanting a beer right now, just finished my working week......Be strong I must.

That is possibly the most random post I've seen in a while......

But I know the feeling:p

SOOOO wanting a beer right now, just finished my working week......Be strong I must.

Being able to see your tackle past your gut while standing straight is a good thing. If you can't, you apparently have a high chance of heart disease and/or diabetes. I'm quite pleased :D

I can see my doodle again when standing straight, so my tummy is creeping back in.

Sounds like one of those long lost reuninfication stories between relatives you see on current affairs programs :lol:

Cheers,
BB

I was then handed an ice old tinny. Ohhhhhhhh the heart ache when i handed it back and explained my plight of a dry month. The wife said........ its only one...... its very hot. But i said i had made a commitment!

Hard at the ball! Top stuff.

The truth is, this hasn't been all that easy. I have had to put some effort into it every day. Good to read these posts.

Right, so I may have well slipped off the wagon a LITTLE.....

I am currently drinking some champers.....I figured it was a healthier option than beer, and I haven't had a drink since my last days off...

Yeah Im not doing to good had a couple of glasses of wine with ice in it over the weekend, nothing so far this week... It's 40 or more degrees outside (im not complaining) and would love a beer... yesterday some dickhead parked me in at the train station so I was stuck waiting for over an hour and Im thinking can I just have a gin when I get home. I DIDNT.... Tonight Im back in the pool after two years... Aiming at doing 20... then get back to my 50 laps in a hour!

Back