Fcuck you Tasmania

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elz said:
some of the comments stated by others, on this forum would get me sacked from a position where I am employed in a public health position. Do these narrowed views trouble me, hell yes. However, free speech is great, as is the individuals point of view (along with piss taking) Bring it on... ... This subtle racist shite pisses me off. And bradshaw what is the point of your comment, posting a comment as a question is a fairly weak point of view, are all mods this meek?
" some of the comments sated by others,on this forum.."
Yes it is a forum ,a public forum ,the same as any form of speech in public if you are offended or take offence then walk away .
Have others here had an issue with what I have posted ,yep.
Have I had any issue with what others have posted,yep
Ahh the joys of being a willing participant of a public forum,any public forum,but I am not married to any of them so at the end of the day I cease giving a ****!
As for subtle racist shite,**** that as well ,I worked with a black fella years back,he drove an orange car and I told him he looked like a Jaffa in it,he told me to get fucked and called me a white Captian Cook **** .
Give and take is what life is all about,accept it and get on with it....life that is.

Gotta love this public forum shit,this topic started as a **** Tassie thread and has gone onto a **** everybody and everything thread.

Any way I'm going to sleep now,night night ya bunch of whinging racist drunken wankers :).

spog said:
Ahh the joys of being a willing participant of a public forum,any public forum,but I am not married to any of them so at the end of the day I cease giving a ****!
Hearing you there brother.....If those I upset think I give a **** when I log off..well....good luck to them....

spog said:
Gotta love this public forum shit,this topic started as a **** Tassie thread and has gone onto a **** everybody and everything thread.
tis a beautiful thing

Elz said:
Hey jim, its not about you. Humans, any humans and all people are to be treated with respect. Chipping away at human rights because you know the person is still unacceptable. I have had a beer with my best mate who happens to be gay, does that give me the right to call all gay people a pejorative name ok, i dont think so. Anyway probably time to move on, had my say, stated my point and here for learning about beer (stating my political bias is actually a bonus).
Heres to all things good in Tassie including their craft beer and sustainable forestry.
Cheers
Elz

Elz said:
Thanks for the advice praticalfool, but i am 100 percent at ease with my attitude. Served me well so far and unwilling to change because it upsets some. Respect for humanity is something i am unwilling to steer away from.
Really? All humans? I know political correctness and all that "please don't sue me" shit is in vogue right now but saying all humans deserve respect is a ******* crock, I am tempted to Godwin* this thread but I'm enjoying the more reasonable posts and hoping it continues for a while, though I suspect you've already killed it with this shit.

Prince Imperial said:
There's nothing sadder than a self-hating boat person.
Haha, yeah, my old man rocked up by boat in the 70s, 40 years later he's calling for the boats to be sunk, he's a whinging bloody pom too though.

*For those unsure of the Godwin reference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Meanwhile, in Tasmania far, far away, a craft brewer tries to make a difference (and a long lost thread is dragged back on topic) ...

Scottsdale: a Tasmanian town in the throes of change

As Tasmania’s first Liberal state budget in 16 years is handed down, nationwide questions of regional revival are brought into sharp focus for one small town

It’s 9am and George Gray is loading a pipe from his tobacco pouch outside JoDonny’s café in Scottsdale, the heart of the Dorset region in north-east Tasmania. The retired farmer and widower from Western Australia packed up his life and moved here a month ago. He loves his new views of rolling green hills with their distinctive chocolate paddocks, described as the best soil on the island by James Scott, first surveyor of the town in 1855.

Gray is fitting in nicely here with his flannelette shirt, peaked cap and English accent, breakfasting in town every morning. Tonight he’ll dine around the corner at Kendall’s Hotel.

Just up the road, it’s “brew day” for Chris Carins at Little Rivers Brewing Company, the north-east’s first microbrewery, housed in an old shed that used to sell farm machinery. Out the back amid the smell of hops, steam is rising from a vat that Carins designed himself to save on startup costs. Eventually the shop front will be transformed into a cellar door. Carins says it will attract the caravans going past the front door.

He’s a local lad who moved back from Queensland where he went to work as a brewer for the Burleigh brewing company. He says he was homesick, wanted to start a family with his wife, Jess, and couldn’t think of a better place to do it than home. The couple’s son arrived 16 months ago. And they sold their first beer in February...

More at: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/31/sp-scottsdale-tasmania-regional-revitalisation

Awesome story Feldon...until Boag's masters decide they don't like losing even this relatively miniscule amount of market share and offfer him more money than he can say no to to buy him out. Having said that, it's lovely to see a young bloke setting a goal (I detest that friggin' overused word DREAM) and making it work. Good luck to him, souds like he's got a good head around what he's doing.

Well I was doing my bit yesterday, hard at it.

Tree On!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1410589481.857581.jpg

I am born and bred Tasmanian and unfortunately I have to live and work away from my family for 5 weeks at a time due to the nature of my industry. I could do the same job closer to home but for 50k a year less and mind numbing boredom to follow suit, whereas I choose to somewhat sacrifice family time (I get 5 weeks completely off after my 5 weeks at work) to challenge myself mentally with more career opportunities.
Having worked in and around most states in Australia and some time overseas at different periods during my career, I am sad to say that Tasmania is in a pretty fucked state at the moment.
On the whole, all sides of government (both state and federal) are acting like spoilt brats, standing in parliament for the world to see and calling each other witty indirect names and then in the next sentence they complain about the escalation of bullying in schools! All sides of the government need to be reset and actually do what they are employed, by us tax payers, to do, and that is act in the best interest of the community. Many politicians have vested interests in policies in an indirect manner and this trumps community needs every time.
The large problem in our community here, and I suspect in pockets on the mainland, is that the new generation (I am 32 years young) expect everything now and they don't want to do the hard yards to earn it. I am seeing it in my industry, young people that are fresh out of high school expecting to do it all straight away. It doesn't work like that and the sooner you pull your head out of your arse the quicker you will be able to do it all. Knuckle down and work hard. In Tas, this is rife and this is where I feel some of the hostility LRG has experienced has come from (unsure of your line of work LRG) and with the currently employment state here, will only be worse.
Education is key. At present, we are letting people out of the education system only to generate another generation of people who are not willing to put in the hard yards.
Forestry in Tas will always be a sore subject. I was fortunate enough to build my house entirely from timber milled from a local mill before they were forced to close. Selective logging is the answer but neither side wish to show any form of compromise and you end up with a really nasty stalemate that everyone suffers from. I do watch the news but I do not read the newspaper (mostly because there is nothing of interest in there!). If I do get interested in a story, then i research it for myself due to the fact the media is increasingly a one sided coin, whichever way that coin drops.
As for the state of Tas, I would not live anywhere else on the planet....... I can live anywhere in Australia being a FiFo, but I choose Tas. My brother attended uni for 5 years doing 2 degrees, worked in Sydney and Canberra and then moved back to Tas to work and live. Same story with my sister, worked in Melbourne and then moved back to do same job. It is a beautiful state with many opportunities, but people need to put into the community to get back from it.
My partner has been fortunate enough to not have to work the last 5 years while raising our daughter, and now she is at the stage where she is thinking of re-entering the workforce..... but she doesn't want to because there are people in the community that need the work more than she. Then on the other side of the coin, there are people in the community that don't want the work at all!
I have more points of view but can't be arsed going back through the thread to highlight them all. If you are thinking of coming down here for a holiday or to take residence, by all means please do. At the end of the day, if you contribute to the community in a positive way, then you a re welcome here.
One last point...... single minded points of view about Tas and all the incest, two headed jokes give rise to "The only reason Tasmanians have two heads is so when they go to the main land, they have someone decent to talk to!" (not all mainlanders are tainted with the same brush!).

Latest posts

Back