Fcuck you Tasmania

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlm said:
I know stu.....I seem so nice.......but I'm actually a vindictive prick with a really good memory.
looks like I better get my shit together then...

Elz said:
Yeah yeah my dads bigger then your dad and sticks and stone wont break my bones! Does this really warrant a valid view for the society we live in, haven't we moved past this mindset? i am aware that many on this forum view the world from a black and white perspective; but many of us see any form of racism as an " unAustralian" (friggin love/hate that term). Really not acceptable in any form. Mods really lacking in pulling people up on this forum; taking the piss NOT an acceptable point of view
Cheers
Elz
To answer you question you've posed.........No (in my opinion). You can deal with it your way, I'll do it with mine, even though calling out a privileged white male on his bullshit gets your hackles up. Pipe up a bit more on the issues that get your goat (perhaps you could have been used here: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/81924-women/).

Ha. I think myself and the 4 NSWmen down here got that one. Did elicit a LOL though.

Elz said:
So lets pick on someones ethnicity, that pretty a constructive way to advance the argument
Seriously? To add that comment now in a thread full of insinuations of two-headedness, incestuous relations and general, good hearted, ribbing? You must be a Pom, yeah?
Bribie Q starts threads like these to incite discussion ( and some would say argument) and rarely involves himself further. A necessary evil. Kinda like the annoying chick on The Bachelor ( some of your partners must watch this) that you'd be mad to like but makes the show more interesting. For someone to state the fact that he is a Pom is hardly being racist, more like having a go at the screws. They did send us here after all....
Yes, Australia is a racist nation but name one that wasn't in some point of its history. The only difference is the rate of change. Personally, (my mother emigrated here on a boat without knowing a word of English) I think this country is adapting extremely quickly to cultural change...mostly.

Personaly, I dont think Australia is an overtly racist nation, despite populist media opinion...and I dont think the current political situation is helping things.

Out of all the people I have met over the years, very, very rarely have I met a true racist...

some of the comments stated by others, on this forum would get me sacked from a position where I am employed in a public health position. Do these narrowed views trouble me, hell yes. However, free speech is great, as is the individuals point of view (along with piss taking) Bring it on... ... This subtle racist shite pisses me off. And bradshaw what is the point of your comment, posting a comment as a question is a fairly weak point of view, are all mods this meek?

Elz said:
So lets pick on someones ethnicity, that pretty a constructive way to advance the argument

Elz said:
Against all the bigoted people living in Aus, not a bad idea.

Elz said:
full acceptability towards wannabe Aussies (fatwa): not a bad an ideology

Elz said:
Yeah yeah my dads bigger then your dad and sticks and stone wont break my bones! Does this really warrant a valid view for the society we live in, haven't we moved past this mindset? i am aware that many on this forum view the world from a black and white perspective; but many of us see any form of racism as an " unAustralian" (friggin love/hate that term). Really not acceptable in any form. Mods really lacking in pulling people up on this forum; taking the piss NOT an acceptable point of view
Cheers
Elz

Elz said:
some of the comments stated by others, on this forum would get me sacked from a position where I am employed in a public health position. Do these narrowed views trouble me, hell yes. However, free speech is great, as is the individuals point of view (along with piss taking) Bring it on... ... This subtle racist shite pisses me off. And bradshaw what is the point of your comment, posting a comment as a question is a fairly weak point of view, are all mods this meek?
Speaking of name calling and segregation of community members.

Wasn't a weak point of view in my opinion. Each time I hear/read someone say its un(insert country of choice), I have a little chuckle to myself. I often think of Tim Minchin. And to answer your question, nah its only me that's a meer cat, simples.

Comments in this thread? If so lets get 'em highlighted and bought out for everyone to view.

If me calling a whinging bigoted **** (who I've actually drank a beer with.....a rare experience with the internets opinion on things) a whinging bigoted **** is your example of the greater racist issues you have with the forum, you should look a lot harder than this thread.

Can we not call pejorative comments about presumably Caucasian Englishmen racist? Racism occurs where there is an institutional power imbalance between ethnicities.
Offensive it may be, racist it is not.

Hey jim, its not about you. Humans, any humans and all people are to be treated with respect. Chipping away at human rights because you know the person is still unacceptable. I have had a beer with my best mate who happens to be gay, does that give me the right to call all gay people a pejorative name ok, i dont think so. Anyway probably time to move on, had my say, stated my point and here for learning about beer (stating my political bias is actually a bonus).
Heres to all things good in Tassie including their craft beer and sustainable forestry.
Cheers
Elz

Elz said:
I have had a beer with my best mate who happens to be gay, does that give me the right to call all gay people a pejorative name ok, i dont think so.
In terms of structural disadvantage, being English and being gay aren't comparable.

Yes and no. But how about being English and gay, or english and muslim, or english black or english and1/2 Irish etc. a slippery slope and structral disadvantage has f all to do with it. Structural disadvantage is not limited to the typical view of the english but typical runs deeper then a modernist view

I was actually wondering yesterday (wearing a purple shirt), out for a walk after work - do sex changed people prefer trans-sexual or trans-gender as a term? I mean, the whole acronym GLBTYP (or something like that) doesn't quite explain it.

Anyway, even if they preffered one over the other does that matter! There is always a flavour of the month of something to be offended by.

I do have a gay friend or two (maybe some I don't know about). I did once really piss off some lesbo without being whatsoever offensive, that was hilarious in retrospect. There is something to be said about honesty, if being politically correct equates being dishonest then **** that. Change your attitude inside Elz, if you are sprouting flowers and and don't mean any of it you're just a plain old hypocrite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dw_mRaIHb-M

Thanks for the advice praticalfool, but i am 100 percent at ease with my attitude. Served me well so far and unwilling to change because it upsets some. Respect for humanity is something i am unwilling to steer away from.

Elz said:
Yes and no. But how about being English and gay, or english and muslim, or english black or english and1/2 Irish etc. a slippery slope and structral disadvantage has f all to do with it. Structural disadvantage is not limited to the typical view of the english but typical runs deeper then a modernist view
But those variables you refer to (Muslim, black, Irish) are further examples of structural disadvantage, so it has everything to do with it . The "whinging Pom" stereotype applies to Anglo-Saxon Protestant Englishmen. I can see how someone in that demographic might be offended by it, but I'll reserve my sympathy for victims if racism for whom the impact is more than hurt feelings. Like Mike Brown.

Back