Fathers day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larrywaldo

Reaction score
Happy fathers day to those who are and happy sundat to those who arnt.
Whats everyones gran plan today.

Me after the family thing im going to be bottling my chilli ginger beer. Then maybe lay a lager down this arvo.

Enjoy everyone

Happy Father's Day,

Golf, lunch then brewing a German pils while drinking from my new glasses.

grandkids on way and picnic onzeee beach

weather is beauuuutiful, .effin glorious day here!!!

edit; happy fathers day to all and wishing everyone a great day

Happy FD!!

Halfway through the boil of a American Brown. Shindings with the family this afternoon.
Brisbane's on showcase today.

fathersday1.jpg

Happy Father's day to all the Father's out there, and a special mention to all the Father's who are no longer with us, R.I.P. Dad.

Not Father's Day in U.K. But I hope OP has fun spazzing out like when they posted.....

Wife and the kids spent a few hundred dollars at Beer Cartel on Friday. Got my pressie for breakfast on father's day.

Some exciting stuff in there, mainly a selection of Belgians and IPAs.

I opened a bottle of Akasha Hopsmith tonight. It was only bottled on Tuesday and fridged all the time, so as fresh as they come. When I tasted it, I thought, "What the? Dave's cloning my homebrew! Good on him." It was very similar to a heavily hopped ale I did a while ago. I actually ended up missing my mark and the OG was lower than what I set out to do in the first place, but it turned out good. This was very similar. I'm not sure what hops Dave is using, but I used Columbus, Citra and Centennial.

Suffused with angelic light, a cleansing ale and a copy of the good book. It is Sunday after all.

20160904_163230_zpsvhf3klzz.jpg

Mine was pretty quiet, replanted the vege patch in time for spring.

I told the wife and son not to get me anything because I spent cold hard cash on this mini-keg bulk buy you guys might have heard about.

My youngest son called in and cooked us a feed of rissoles and we necked a few schooners.
Unreal.

Took family and mates out, had a fish, saw some whales, relaxed on the beach and ate Mexican (with the obligatory corona but on an island with Mex food it has its place). Got home to find out I had won 1st in the Weizen, 3rd in the American Wheat and 2nd overall beer in the annual LHB comp. Was a good day.

MAH00007.JPG

MAH00006.JPG

MAH00014.JPG

Dad died in April so just rang my brother to wish him well (father of two) and my mum to check in on a day she may feel keenly.

Shed a tear, drank a beer, raised a glass to the gentleman.

Latest posts

Back