Fast Pour

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got pot-o-foam the first time I setup my keg system..

what I did to fix the problem.

- Used balance keg calc to formulate
- Storing temp of keg 4c
- Line lenght 3~m (can't recall what line)
- Carb/Surve pressure 74KPA (2.4 - Let carb for one week min)

- Put gun and line in the fridge when not using.
- When I moved to taps (pour one beer to chill taps, following beers will pour great)
- Snap the gun/taps on full then snap off when finished.

- Pour the pot (Not sure how much this helps but I do it now) start 45degree until half full then slowing straighten pot up (dont touch the glass) dont know the reason behind this but i read it and it seem to work for me..

EDIT : NOTE my kegs are pouring not great at the moment because i was pissed and set my gas to about 85/90KPA whoops! back down to 74KPA now.. also turn your gas off burp the keg a bit and try to pour... not a solution but a quick fix to get more booze from it :)

ok something on topic to contribute. ive found that anything over about 100kpa i get too much head. i like about 80kpa.

Rule of thumb: The lower the pressure you put on the keg, the less head you end up getting! :ph34r:

Rule Of Thumb... ROT.... Citymorgue..... There's a laboured pun in there somewhere.

I'd go for the lower KPA but I'm chasing that flavour you get when CO2 bubbles set on your tongue.

Latest posts

Back