Farmer Needed - Breeding program

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you can prove you're going to be breeding them easy so I still don't think you will have a problem

So ...... what variety are they from ? :ph34r:

Shits really starting to get fun now! Lets start throwing some names at this variety/varieties.....Wet dreams:p

even if you get female plants couldn't you more easily get more seeds of a cascade or something and cross that way?

Female Yob Magic X Cascade?

Amarillo , be good to cross that with a cascade I reckon ...... Be some great hops come from that combo

Think you will have any problems with weather growing hops where you are ?

Cheers Spohaw

No, not a c hop but as said, I'm wanting to cross it with c hops, I have a cascade and Columbus and a Chinook female naturally

Yob said:
Morning all, Im after a farmer, Ive got some seeds of a well known and much loved US varitey that Im hoping I can get a male from this year, if successful, I'd like to propogate it and use it in a hop breeding trial, partly just as fun, partly because I think it'd be cool and partly because having my/our own varitey of hop would be effing awesome.

Must be a Vic based farmer, Id be happy to help with the work setting it up, poles, lines etc, I'd see an initial yard of maybe 4 rows x 10 each row and then depending on the rub, selection and expansion from there.

will take a few years with absolutely no certainty in it, but you never know, we may get lucky :)

Either way, I think it'll be a fun experiment if anyones keen, let me know, naturally, it all depends on getting a good male this year to spring from.

Cheers
Bump for Yobs sake of getting back to a genuine question and outreach;)

Yeah. Whats the story? Have we got a location yet Yob? I'm in the same area as Martin. Could possibly help out?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Home Brewer

we have several locations, Martin included. If there is more interest in the program Im happy to include others.

As said though, I still need to germinate and identify the male which isnt going to happen in the next week or so.

Patience folks :) This isnt going to happen overnight and is really a long term kinda thang.

B)

I haven't found the male yet.. er.. not holding out much hope on this season for the right one... I will however, with help get the propogation of the crop females this year..

efforts are ongoing and relentless :)

I'll look back through the threads and start a group PM and interested growers, we can then continue to plot ( :lol: ) offline :icon_drunk:

Back