False Bottom Ideas For 100l Techniice Esky

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting close, just need to actually have enough time to give it a test run. Was supposed to be this arvo but can't afford to knock back the work.

False bottom
image.jpg

Wort overflow return

image.jpg

Drill and grinder action

image.jpg

Will line with voile aswell

I thought pvc pipe wasn't supposed to be used in food applications?

Its not suppose to be . The Yanks use a product called CPVC which is made for hot water . The standard here in OZ is only PVC . I was looked for CPVC alas no plumbing store carries it ( the ones I went to ) .

Any risk? Can use copper instead. Might need to find something else to support the false bottom.

I wouldn't use PVC pipe in a mash tun, suggest copper instead

I believe a household favourite is made out of polyvinyl chloride, cling wrap, I wouldn't worry about plasticizers in the wort, the toxin we are making is far more damaging to our health than that. :)

I was eyeing off the fire sprinkler SS braided hose at a refurb I'm working at and thinking that would go great in a big mashtun. A lot of it just got turfed too.

Keeping a close eye on the SS glass door fridge in the cafeteria too...

This thread is bad I'm looking at my 100L camping esky and think "hmmm I didnt mind 3V" worse still I've got the spare pots to do it. This could well end in divorce .... again .... for the 3rd time!!

I need a drink

Back