False Bottom For Mash Vessel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work..... might get a little bit more grist through, but you'd think it would bed down after circulating ...

Hmmmm, not a bad idea - channelling shouldn't be a major problem since the marbles block the grains from going far. You'd need a fair few marbles and they would take some of the heat out of the strike water...
I'm gonna think about this some more.
TL

Boots said:
I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work..... might get a little bit more grist through, but you'd think it would bed down after circulating ...
why not use the marbles as suport for your oyster mesh false bottom.
If you are not and want to get rid of it i can use it in my kettle.

Ken...

you can stop the Phils Phalsies from phloating by replacing the short lenght of vinyl hose with copper tube and compression fittings. . .no more phloating

Jovial Monk

If you use marbles, and preheat them to say...70 degrees, I think they'd not only not lose any temp, but would actively keep grain temps more stable in the tun.

I'm also looking for a sparge system, and the marbles have me interested (especially since I cringe at the thought of having to make anything with my hands. I'm just a bit challenged in that department).

i checked out the Oyster mesh - nice but needs a lot of support.
But would go nicely over marbles as a base.

Latest posts

Back