False Bottom For Keg Mash Tun

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price difference? CB used to sell BeerBelly made false bottoms but it was my observation that supply by BB was random; I reckon CB have sourced them from someone else who charges them more.

And how, pray tell, would you have possibly made that 'observation', given that you are not part of my business?

For the record, I have NEVER made domed false bottoms. NEVER meaning not a single one, not even for myself. I do not have the equipment to do so. I have also never supplied domed false bottoms to Craftbrewer, in fact it used to be the other way around. The only false bottoms I ever sold to CB were my rectangular 'falsies', none of which have been produced for some time now along with many other things because of a permanent injury that has required me to take a long break and re-assess exactly how they and other things are produced and what I am still willing to bother producing without out-sourcing overseas, given the changes required and the cost involved. Things are about to become available again soon, but yes the last few months has seen everything I make personally 'out of stock' for obvious reasons.

Pricing is a difficult animal to pin down - we charge less for a lot of things because we feel like it and our low overheads allow this sometimes. Ross charges what he charges because that is his perogative. That might have something to do with overheads, but again that's his business as is where he gets them from. I'm personally not sure where Ross sources his, & it's none of my business. Supply of the domed bottoms from us can be intermittent, because sometimes they don't turn up when our supplier predicts, or they turn up in a condition that I am not willing to accept or sell so they get sent back. We don't have them produced ourselves, nor do we buy 1000 in at a time. The ONLY thing we import ourselves is Wyeast.

For what it's worth, perhaps people should (before 'speculating' out loud), consider that supply of a large number of goods for the homebrew market is from overseas to those who sell to us ALL here in Oz, and the supply of them is subject to all sorts of variations, including exactly where they might be sourced from at any given time to try and keep them in stock in the first place. Things go in and out of stock for everyone. That's the way it is, something that it is near impossible to have any control over from this end.

Wayne @ Beerbelly

And how, pray tell, would you have possibly made that 'observation', given that you are not part of my business?

For the record, I have NEVER made domed false bottoms. NEVER meaning not a single one, not even for myself. I do not have the equipment to do so. I have also never supplied domed false bottoms to Craftbrewer, in fact it used to be the other way around. The only false bottoms I ever sold to CB were my rectangular 'falsies', none of which have been produced for some time now along with many other things because of a permanent injury that has required me to take a long break and re-assess exactly how they and other things are produced and what I am still willing to bother producing without out-sourcing overseas, given the changes required and the cost involved. Things are about to become available again soon, but yes the last few months has seen everything I make personally 'out of stock' for obvious reasons.

Pricing is a difficult animal to pin down - we charge less for a lot of things because we feel like it and our low overheads allow this sometimes. Ross charges what he charges because that is his perogative. That might have something to do with overheads, but again that's his business as is where he gets them from. I'm personally not sure where Ross sources his, & it's none of my business. Supply of the domed bottoms from us can be intermittent, because sometimes they don't turn up when our supplier predicts, or they turn up in a condition that I am not willing to accept or sell so they get sent back. We don't have them produced ourselves, nor do we buy 1000 in at a time. The ONLY thing we import ourselves is Wyeast.

For what it's worth, perhaps people should (before 'speculating' out loud), consider that supply of a large number of goods for the homebrew market is from overseas to those who sell to us ALL here in Oz, and the supply of them is subject to all sorts of variations, including exactly where they might be sourced from at any given time to try and keep them in stock in the first place. Things go in and out of stock for everyone. That's the way it is, something that it is near impossible to have any control over from this end.

Wayne @ Beerbelly

Hello Wayne,
I hope that I have not offended you, I did not mean to.

I am not part of your business but I am a customer and I have observed how often domed false bottoms are in store and how often they are marked as out of stock on your website as an occasional customer their supply appeared to me to be random. I started taking note when I wished to purchase one from you some time ago.

Your tone seems a little hostile but on the flipside, your comments seem to confirm that your ability to stock domed false bottoms is indeed variable.
I have bought things from you, which Amanda has ordered in from Craftbrewer. I have seen that Craftbrewer at times have sold your products. So there is a bit of trading between your two separate businesses, so what?

I mean no disrespect to you or Amanda. The quality of products that you manufacture is superior to that of any other I have seen. I was wrong to say that you made domed false bottoms for CB. Thank you for taking the time to explain why supply may appear to be random.

Hello Wayne,
I hope that I have not offended you, I did not mean to.

I am not part of your business but I am a customer and I have observed how often domed false bottoms are in store and how often they are marked as out of stock on your website – as an occasional customer their supply appeared to me to be random. I started taking note when I wished to purchase one from you some time ago.

Your tone seems a little hostile but on the flipside, your comments seem to confirm that your ability to stock domed false bottoms is indeed variable.
I have bought things from you, which Amanda has ordered in from Craftbrewer. I have seen that Craftbrewer at times have sold your products. So there is a bit of trading between your two separate businesses, so what?

I mean no disrespect to you or Amanda. The quality of products that you manufacture is superior to that of any other I have seen. I was wrong to say that you made domed false bottoms for CB. Thank you for taking the time to explain why supply may appear to be random.

No hostility whatsoever, and no offence taken at all. Just a friendly correction of your statement with reference to domed false bottoms, in a thread referring to the domed false bottoms, and I quote "CB used to sell BeerBelly made false bottoms but it was my observation that supply by BB was random". Simple really, I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea about who supplies these things to who, and who is at fault for supply issues.

Latest posts

Back