F1 Championship

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who is going to win?

• Schumacher

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alonso

• I wish some one else would

• Total voters

Ash in Perth

Barrow Boys Brewing
Reaction score
Keep in mind that Alonso will be penalised 2 seconds off his fastest laps in qualifying at budapest leaving him very little chance of a good spot.

Alonso will take it. Only beacuse i hate schu with a passion.
That car of alonso's is a quick machine. Can't wait for webber to get his hands on one next year...

hot tip is webber could end up at RBR not a bad move they have the cash and newey so could be an each way bet, I hope he makes the rightr decision.

Bit of trivia, Webber is born same, Day, Month and Year as me !

i have to admit im a schuey fan but once hes retired ill be a webber fan for sure. hes my 2nd pref.

I think webber is one of the better driver in the championship, its jsut a shame williams cant stop there cars from exploding.

I must admit i was a huge montoya fan, and have lost a little interest since he left... but support webber, and kimi's ok too.

So all those that voted.. still happy with your choice?

its really getting good now. 2 races, equal points...... go schumacher!

I think Shuey is the man to beat. Its his last year Im sure Ferrari will want to send him out a winner. Heres hoping Webber can get up there next year!!! :beerbang:

Webber may be dangerous in a car that can do more than 5 laps at once.

I tihnk raikonnen and massa will be a very strong team.

So.. still reckon schu? I think alonso has it in the bag now..

Good effort but schumacher jsut wasnt quick enough. good on massa, winning in brazil, hopfully hell do well net year without schumacher to protect.

That's the problem with schu.. he's had good team mates, but they were never allowed to challenge him.

Flame suit on

I don't think schu can be classed as one of the all time greats. He's arrogant and does anything to win. Look at monaco this year, adelaide 93 (i think), him running into villeneuve (glad that backfired), and lets not even go into the whole black flag debarcle.
Sure he's won heaps of races, but mostly they've been in cars that were absolutely dominating. He sure is the luckiest driver out there, you dont win that many championships on skill alone. It's better to be lucky than good, you can only save yourself so many times, but luck will always pull through.
Overall i don't think he has been good for F1, those years he dominated sure became boring.

Flame suit off.

That's the problem with schu.. he's had good team mates, but they were never allowed to challenge him.

Flame suit on

I don't think schu can be classed as one of the all time greats. He's arrogant and does anything to win. Look at monaco this year, adelaide 93 (i think), him running into villeneuve (glad that backfired), and lets not even go into the whole black flag debarcle.
Sure he's won heaps of races, but mostly they've been in cars that were absolutely dominating. He sure is the luckiest driver out there, you dont win that many championships on skill alone. It's better to be lucky than good, you can only save yourself so many times, but luck will always pull through.
Overall i don't think he has been good for F1, those years he dominated sure became boring.

Flame suit off.

i may not be a fan of his but he did earn that car and he is/was the best driver around. Skill will not win you a championship on its own, but it will along with the right demographics and sponsorships get a driver into the right car to take the gold.

Flame suit on

Flame suit off.

I'm not going to flame you personally because I can understand and agree - and to a large degree - with your sentiments.
I think it's difficult however to deny Schumacher "All-time-great" status.
He has raced against and beaten many outstanding and "All-time-great" drivers; mostly legitimately. :D
7 championships and 90 plus wins earns him his place right at the top.
He will never be on my favourites list - nor is Ayrton Senna for that matter - but both are undeniably amongst the greatest ever to get behind the wheel.

Do I need to get out my own fire-proof racing suit? :(

Also not a Schuey lover.

However, I think it is hard to deny him "all time great" status. He has been in great machinery, but he played a huge part in the development and resurgence of the Ferrari by getting in the people he wanted. It took two years before the Ferrari was finally what you would class as a decent car.

As for his talent, it was obvious to everyone in the paddock when he first started out, otherwise he would have driven more than one race for Jordan, before getting pinched from under Eddie's nose by Briatore.

Hate the bugger with a passion, but you've got to admire the talent and the desire to succeed.

Doesn't run in the family though. :D

I'm glad Alonso won the title, but would have preferred Kimi. (I'm a McClaren fan.) Don't think Alonso will be winning another title anytime soon until Mercedes get their engine in order.

I think Webber will have a decent enough season next year at RBR, but I don't think it's a race winning machine just yet. Will be good to see him finally have a decent team mate in the other car, even if it is an ageing, grumpy old Scotsman.

Hanging out for next season already.

And my tip for next season?

Kimi.

EDIT: Carnt bluddy spel

well. sorry guys.... who of the "all time greats" has he run and won against?

Senna? arguable that he had him beaten.

Mansell? hmmm.... not exactly in his top form then was he?

Who else?

lets not forget how dirty he was. adelaide 93 and that run into villeneuve immediately spring to mind, but there have been numerous others.

Anyway...

My tip for next year....

Alonso again..

Anyone wanna bet some beers on it?

Back